FINAL FANTASY XV is going big for the holidays with the release of a free game update, “Holiday Pack” (Free Version) and premium “Holiday Pack +” DLC giving players access to all-new in-game content next week. All players can download a free update for the game which adds a NEW GAME+ feature allowing those who have completed the game’s main line story to start a new game with all previous gameplay data intact.
Starting December 22nd, players will be able to get a new photo frame feature where players can choose from a variety of themed photo frames that can be applied to and accessorized with Prompto’s photographs. Fans who hold the FINAL FANTASY XV Season Pass or own the FINAL FANTASY XV Digital Premium Edition will also have access to the premium Holiday Pack + DLC for even more exclusive in-game items.
The “Holiday Pack” (Free Version) will also be available for download next week offering fans a selection of useful accessories as well as a Carnival Passport for the Moogle Chocobo Carnival which takes place late January. The “Holiday Pack” (Free Version) includes:
- Warrior’s Fanfare – A scroll of sheet music containing a song of jubilation that provides additional AP for earning an A+ in Offense outside of training.
- Nixperience Band – A device that stops experience points from being tallied, preventing the party from leveling up for an added challenge.
- Carnival Passport – An adorably adorned ticket that whisks the bearer away to a fun-filled carnival for a limited time.
- Choco-Mog Tee (available late January) – An exclusive T-shirt featuring everyone’s favorite fluffy and feathery friends. Colorful, comfy and appropriate for any carnival-goer.
The premium Holiday Pack + DLC includes:
- Ring of Resistance – A protective piece of jewelry that renders the entire party to be resistant to magical friendly fire.
- Tech Turbocharger – A device for Noctis that accelerates the tech bar replenishment rate, but freezes the Armiger bar.
- Armiger Accelerator – A device for Noctis that accelerates the Armiger bar replenishment rate, but freezes the tech bar.
- Blitzer’s Fanfare – A scroll of sheet music containing a song of jubilation that provides additional AP for earning an A+ in Time outside of training.
- Tactician’s Fanfare – A scroll of sheet music containing a song of jubilation that provides additional AP for earning an A+ in Finesse outside of training.
- Key of Prosperity – A lucky charm that increases the rate at which fallen foes leave behind items of value.
- Stamina Badge – A device that enables Noctis to sprint and hang without expending stamina.
- Carnival Passport – An adorably adorned ticket that whisks the bearer away to a fun-filled carnival for a limited time.
- Festive Ensemble (available late January) – A fancy and fun outfit perfectly suited for enjoying the festivities. The darling design puts all who see it in high spirits.
- Holiday Pack + Exclusive Photo Frames (available late January) – Additional themes the player can add to Prompto’s photos when sharing over social media.
Players can read more about the free game update, Holiday Pack (Free Version) and premium Holiday Pack + DLC on the official website (http://buy.finalfantasyxv.com/us/) and the Square Enix blog (http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog). Players who have the Season Pass or the Digital Premium Edition should also download the Holiday Pack (Free Version) as the items will not be automatically downloaded.
FINAL FANTASY XV is available now for the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system. A Season Pass is also available through the Xbox Games Store and PlayStation Store for $24.99, granting players access to future downloadable digital content and special rewards unique to each console. The title supports HDR graphics on the Xbox One S and PlayStation 4 Pro system.
ASUS Republic of Gamers Launches New Products Through an Evangelion Collaboration
ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) has announced a comprehensive ROG x Evangelion collaboration centred around EVA-01, the flagship mecha of the manga and anime series known around the world. DIY PC builders will be able to assemble a high-end PC featuring EVA 01’s distinctive purple-and-green theme and a variety of artwork directly from the Evangelion universe so that they can fashion their very own ‘NERV command centre’. Options will include a unique ROG Maximus motherboard, two ROG Strix GeForce RTX graphics cards, a ROG Ryujin II 360 AIO cooler, and other top-shelf ROG gear.
ROG Maximus Z690 Hero EVA Edition Motherboard
The ROG Maximus Z690 Hero EVA Edition is covered in the classic purple and green of the EVA-01 and is similarly well-equipped. Robust cooling and power delivery are poised to push the latest 12th Gen Intel Core processors to the max. An A.T. Field design around the CPU socket and polymo-lighting on the I/O cover that switches between EVA-01 normal and berserk modes is a further aesthetic treat.
ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 3090 and 3080 EVA Edition Graphics Cards
The EVA Editions of the ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 and ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 come equipped with a myriad of performance-enhancing features. Aesthetic cues from EVA-01 cover the shroud and backplate, and the iconic synchronization effect is displayed on the front ARGB panel.
ROG Ryujin II 360 ARGB EVA Edition AIO Cooler
From end to end, the ROG Ryujin II 360 ARGB EVA Edition embodies the Evangelion spirit. A gunmetal pump cover surrounds a 3.5-inch screen that displays vital stats and customizable GIFs. Meanwhile, reinforced tubing pipes coolant into a radiator loaded with three NERV-styled ARGB fans, ensuring exemplary stability in the heat of battle.
ROG THOR 1000W Platinum II EVA Edition Power Supply
The ROG Thor II Platinum EVA Edition wears an EVA-inspired skin and wields component and cooling upgrades that enable the lowest noise levels — even during the most demanding skirmishes with the opposition.
ROG Strix Helios EVA Edition Chassis
The ROG Strix Helios EVA Edition is a premium mid-tower gaming chassis with three tempered-glass panels, a refined aluminium frame, and integrated front-panel RGB lighting. Interior and exterior details have been fashioned to match the aesthetics of the EVA-01 and house the other ROG x Evangelion components, making it the cornerstone of the collaboration.
ROG Strix XG27AQM EVA Edition Monitor
The ROG Strix XG27AQM EVA Edition is handsomely clad in the EVA-01’s purple and green colour scheme. With an overclocked refresh rate of 270 Hz and a speedy 0.5 ms (GTG) response time, users will experience an incredibly fluid view. The 27-inch display also covers 97% of the DCI-P3 colour space, offering a full representation of wide-gamut media.
ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 EVA Edition Network Router
The ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 EVA Edition features cutting-edge wireless technology, antennas styled like the EVA-01’s shoulder plates and a control app with a UI design fashioned after a visible A.T. Field.
ROG Delta S EVA Edition Gaming Headset
The ROG Delta S EVA Edition headset encapsulates a hi-fi-grade ESS 9281 QUAD DAC™ and ASUS AI Noise-Canceling Microphone within a lightweight shell that features EVA-inspired purple-and-green aesthetics and customizable RGB lighting. The total package weighs in at just 300 grams, putting comfort on equal par with impactful sonics and pristine comms.
ROG Strix Scope RX EVA Edition Keyboard
The ROG Strix Scope RX EVA Edition proudly wraps an EVA-inspired purple-and-green aluminium case around a full complement of ROG RX optical mechanical switches. This formidable combo consistently provides wobble-free keystrokes, a near-zero debounce delay, plus IP57 waterproofing and dust resistance for reliable deployment throughout prolonged campaigns.
ROG Keris Wireless EVA Edition Mouse
The ROG Keris Wireless EVA Edition weighs just 79 grams and sports the EVA-01’s striking green and purple colour scheme. With a 16,000 dpi ROG sensor and ROG push-fit switch sockets, users can aim with extreme precision and customize the amount of trigger force required to deliver a menacing payload.
ROG Scabbard II EVA Edition Mouse Pad
Combining contrasting NERV and EVA-inspired design elements on a nano-coated surface that repels water, oil, and dust, the ROG Scabbard II EVA Edition prominently displays your allegiance and provides a robust foundation for the ROG Keris Wireless EVA Edition mouse.
ROG Strix Arion EVA Edition SSD Enclosure
The ROG Strix Arion EVA Edition portable SSD enclosure features heat protection optimizations and blistering connection speeds, making it ripe for quick data backups and secret missions behind enemy lines.
ROG x EVANGELION T-Shirts and Sweater
The ROG T-Shirt EVA Edition and ROG Sweater EVA Edition are made of cotton for a naturally soft and cool feel, with a reinforced anti-wrinkle neckline and EVA-inspired design. The T-shirts will be available in black or white, and each will feature a different design on the front and back.
Rogue-Like Monster Catcher Patch Quest Launches on Steam
Curve Games and Lychee Game Labs are excited to announce the launch of Patch Quest on Steam in October 2022. Patch Quest is the only Roguelike-Metroidvania fusion title where you can mount and ride EVERY monster in the game! Fans can get ready for a monster adventure as the developer is also set to drop a colossal update soon after launch, further content releases, as well as hit consoles in 2023.
Patch Quest was created by one person on a journey to produce a one-of-a-kind roguelike, metroidvania, monster-riding bullet-hell game. The title supports 2 players’ local co-op and has been in Early Access for several years. Liam at Lychee Game Labs has built a cult following, sharing the development process on his YouTube channel which boasts over 4 million video views – not bad for one man and his passion to compete with some of the biggest franchises in the world!
The game is a delightful yet punishing, beautifully crafted hybrid of game genres that will lasso you in with its fast-paced gameplay and keep you coming back for more. Catch monsters and expand your monster collection to fight your way through a shuffling patchwork maze. Earn exploration gadgets as you play to unlock additional mechanics, collect over 100 plants, unlock gates, open shortcuts and unravel the mystery of Patchlantis.
Get ready to Leap, Glide, Tunnel, Bite, Slither, Websling and Explode your way through the game. Survival depends on bending the forces of nature to your own ends!
- Patchlantis is full of dangers that can be transformed into your strength.
- Lasso monsters and turn foes into allies
- Gather fruits and blend them into ammo smoothies
- Collect over 200 unique plants and minerals
- Earn new exploration gadgets
- Make use of everything you find to survive
Free Fire to Celebrate 5th Anniversary with Justin Bieber
Free Fire’s 5th-anniversary celebrations are off to an exciting start as it launches a spectacular 5-part extravaganza to delight fans and players. The festivities are set to culminate on 27 August with several in-game content drops involving global icon Justin Bieber, who is headlining this special anniversary collaboration. The Free Fire community can revel and reminisce iconic anniversary celebrations over the years with the weekly rollout of 5 specially-designed chapters – Battle, Style, Map, Hero and Memory. Experience new in-game events, gain exclusive rewards, and enjoy Free Fire like never before.
Free Fire will host its first ever in-game performance on 27 August, with Justin Bieber set to debut an exclusive track “Beautiful Love (Free Fire)” as part of the 5th-anniversary celebrations. Players can look forward to immersing themselves in an interactive set-up, groove along to custom emotes, participate in minigames and potentially even perform with Justin Bieber’s avatar on stage. A permanent in-game character modelled after Justin Bieber will also be unveiled and distributed to all players.
To commemorate this unique celebration, Free Fire will also give away the highly coveted Magic Cube to players, allowing them to easily redeem their favourite exclusive costume bundles and battle in style. Players will be able to try their hand at various daily and time-limited missions, accumulating tokens which can be swapped for exclusive rewards in the exchange store. With iconic costumes and classic guns available to unlock during these missions, players can expect a nostalgic and exciting experience every day.
Expansive, dynamic maps are iconic features of Free Fire and players can look forward to the release of a new map Nexterra, which has been enhanced with various elements to elevate and diversify the battle experience for players. There will also be new game modes for players to explore, including:
- A new limited-time mode Free For All. Set against the backdrop of El Pastelo, it will simulate intense close combat point-based matches where up to 16 players will battle it out. Players will be able to select their own weapons and can obtain points by eliminating other players. Matches will be decided by the first player to accumulate a predetermined amount of points.
- An exclusive 5th-anniversary mode Droid Apocalypse, which will see 12 players compete in each match, vying to become the ultimate droid. Players will get to select their own type of droid and convert as many humans as possible before the timer runs out. When only a predetermined number of humans remain, they will transform into hunters and have enhanced stats, as well as the ability to permanently eliminate droids. Points can be gained based on performance and the player with the most points after three rounds will win the match.
Review: ASUS Zenbook 14 OLED (UX3402ZA)
The ASUS Zenbook 14 OLED (UX3402ZA) is one of the most elegant and premium-looking ultrabooks we have reviewed in recent...
Review: HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop
The HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop is a beautiful device that comes packed with a brilliant set of specifications. The...
Review: HUAWEI MateBook X Pro (2022)
In recent years, the demand for lightweight, high-performance laptops has been increasing. Users are craving portable laptops to satisfy their...
Review: Dynabook Portégé X30L-K
Dynabook’s Portégé X30L-K is an ultra-lightweight laptop that comes packed with a 13.3-inches display. The overall form factor of the...
Review: ROG Chakram X Wireless Gaming Mouse
Have you ever used a mouse that comes with a built-in joystick? Well, we had an opportunity to test out...