2K today announced that WWE 2K17, the latest addition to the flagship WWE video game franchise, is now available for Windows PC. The new release delivers all the authenticity and action offered in WWE 2K17 for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, including the largest roster of WWE and NXT Superstars in franchise history; extensive new options in Creation Suite and Universe Mode; the opportunity to “Become a Paul Heyman Guy” in MyCareer Mode; as well as substantial gameplay additions and enhancements.
Fans may choose between the WWE 2K17 Standard Edition and the WWE 2K17 Digital Deluxe Edition, as well as purchase the WWE 2K17 Season Pass. All downloadable content currently available for all console versions is available for Windows PC on launch day. The Hall of Fame Showcase, which includes playable real-life and fantasy matchups inspired by WWE’s Hall of Fame Class of 2016 inductees, will be available as downloadable content for all platforms later this year.
“We received great feedback from fans and critics that helped us further improve the game’s core gameplay mechanics and expand several popular features, including the Creation Suite, Universe Mode and MyCareer Mode,” said Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts. “Coupled with last year’s success in bringing the series to PC, we are confident WWE 2K17 will deliver our most authentic and comprehensive WWE gameplay experience to an even broader global audience.”
Details on all available Windows PC content options for WWE 2K17 are as follows:
WWE 2K17 Standard Edition for Windows PC – Content with Game Purchase
- Full Game;
- Goldberg Pack: Access to two playable versions of legendary WCW and WWE star Bill Goldberg, as well as playable WCW Monday Nitro and Halloween Havoc arenas.
WWE 2K17 Digital Deluxe Edition for Windows PC – Content with Game Purchase
- Full Game;
- Goldberg Pack: Access to two playable versions of legendary WCW and WWE star Bill Goldberg, as well as playable WCW Monday Nitro and Halloween Havoc arenas;
- Season Pass, including:
- MyPlayer Kick Start: Players will gain access to unlock and boost created Superstar ratings and attributes made available at launch as part of the game’s MyCareer Mode; players can also unlock all clothing made available at launch that provides attribute boosts in MyCareer Mode;
- Accelerator: Access to all unlockable content available in the game’s VC Purchasable Section (excluding downloadable content); Ability to decide the overall rankings and attribute levels for all playable characters throughout the life of the product;
- NXT Enhancement Pack: Playable NXT Superstars Apollo Crews, Nia Jax and Shinsuke Nakamura; Players can also earn a 50 percent boost in points while competing at NXT during MyCareer Mode;
- Legends Pack: Playable WWE Legends Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake, Eddie Guerrero, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, Sycho Sid and Tatanka;
- New Moves Pack: Variety of new in-game moves, including the Swingout Neckbreaker (made popular by WWE Superstar Charlotte); the Elbro Drop (made popular by WWE Superstar Zack Ryder); the Face Wash Combo (made popular by NXT Superstar Samoa Joe); and the TJP Clutch (made popular by WWE Superstar T.J. Perkins);
- Future Stars Pack: Playable WWE and NXT Superstars Austin Aries, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, Mojo Rawley and Tye Dillinger;
- Hall of Fame Showcase (available post-launch): Playable matches include Cactus Jack and Diamond Dallas Page vs. The Fabulous Freebirds (Jimmy Garvin and Michael “PS” Hayes) (WCW Saturday Night 1992); The Fabulous Freebirds (Buddy Roberts and Michael “PS” Hayes) vs. Kerry and Kevin Von Erich (WCCW 1986); Ivory vs. Jacqueline (SmackDown 2000); Sting (gold and black tights) vs. Ric Flair (Clash of Champions 1988); Sting (n.W.o. Wolfpac ring gear) vs. Bret Hart (WCW Halloween Havoc 1998); Papa Shango vs. The Godfather (Dream Match); and Big Boss Man (with Albert) vs. Big Show (Armageddon 1999).
WWE 2K17 Season Pass for Windows PC – Content with Purchase
- MyPlayer Kick Start;
- NXT Enhancement Pack;
- Legends Pack;
- New Moves Pack;
- Future Stars Pack;
- Hall of Fame Showcase (available post-launch).
About WWE 2K17 for Windows PC
- Extensive Roster: Featuring more than 135 playable WWE and NXT Superstars, including cover Superstar Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Andre the Giant, “Macho Man” Randy Savage, A.J. Styles, Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, Finn Bálor, Dean Ambrose, Charlotte, Bayley, Sasha Banks and Samoa Joe, WWE 2K17 delivers the largest roster in WWE games history;
- Bill Goldberg: Consumers who purchase WWE 2K17 for Windows PC at any participating retailer will receive two playable characters of legendary WCW® and WWE star Bill Goldberg, as well as playable WCW Monday Nitro and Halloween Havoc arenas, at no extra cost;
- Gameplay Enhancements: WWE 2K17 gives players greater control of the action, including the return of playable backstage and crowd areas. Primary gameplay enhancements include increased responsiveness, updated game systems like Ladders, Taunts and a new Secondary Submission System, as well as thousands of new animations;
- Creation Suite: WWE 2K17’s Creation Suite delivers greater control for players to customize, build and share their own unique WWE Superstars, Arenas, Entrances, Shows and more. New features include the full Highlight Replay system, which enables players to record video highlights from their matches and use the footage to design custom entrance videos in Create-a-Video and Create-a-Victory;
- MyCareer Mode: The franchise’s career-driven mode, now in its third year, lets players experience what it takes to become a WWE Superstar, including options to jump ahead to the main roster, become a “Paul Heyman Guy,” engage in deeper rivalries, earn more than one title, get merchandise royalties and more. In addition, they can take advantage of a brand new Promo Engine that enables players to put their speaking and charisma skills on display. A series of scripted options and a performance meter show how impactful chosen words resonate with the audience; the more intense the reaction, the better the rewards for a player, including boosted ratings, popularity and bank account;
- Universe Mode: WWE 2K17 introduces a new Show Presentation system and Promo Engine. These new features provide increased possibilities, including run-ins, as well as pre- and post-match attacks and the ability to express the thoughts and emotions of WWE Superstars. In addition, players will experience revamped Universe Mode cut scenes, including familiar and brand new scenarios;
- Soundtrack: Personally curated by legendary hip-hop recording artist, producer, entrepreneur and WWE enthusiast Sean “Diddy” Combs a.k.a. Puff Daddy, the WWE 2K17 in-game soundtrack features 13 unique songs from established and emerging artists, including:
- Action Bronson & Joey Bada$$ (feat. Rico Love) – “What About The Rest Of Us”;
- Anderson .Paak – “Come Down”;
- Andy Black – “We Don’t Have To Dance”;
- Axwell Λ Ingrosso – “This Time”;
- Black Sabbath – “Paranoid”;
- Bring Me The Horizon – “Run”;
- FIDLAR – “Drone”;
- French Montana (feat. Kodak Black) – “Lockjaw”;
- iSHi (feat. French Montana, Wale, & Raekwon) – “We Run”;
- P. Diddy, Black Rob & Mark Curry – “Bad Boy For Life”;
- Travis Barker & Yelawolf – “Out of Control”;
- Twenty One Pilots – “Ride”;
- Yellow Claw (feat. Lil Eddie) – “We Made It.”
PUBG MOBILE Partners with YouTube Premium
Today PUBG MOBILE has announced a new partnership with YouTube Premium and Google Play, bringing players a whole host of exciting rewards. players will have the opportunity to claim a FREE YouTube Premium-themed gift bag including a 3-month trial of YouTube Premium, an exclusive 15-day limited edition parachute,1000 BP, and more. Additionally, PUBG MOBILE players can look forward to earning free gear, with new content available every month until May 28th,2022. Players will have an opportunity to claim exclusive permanent in-game items.
YouTube Premium gives viewers uninterrupted access to YouTube, where over a billion hours of video are watched each day! Experience ad-free viewing, download videos to watch offline and play videos and music seamlessly whether you’re on the move, using other apps or your screen is turned off.
YouTube Premium also includes access to YouTube Music Premium, featuring over 80 million official songs, covers, and remixes. The partnership between PUBG MOBILE and YouTube Premium is part of the new Version 1.7 update, bringing new content, game modes, and even more exciting collaborations to the game.
Etisalat Brings Xbox All Access to the Region
Etisalat announced that it is exclusively bringing Xbox All Access, the all-inclusive programme for a next-gen gaming experience, to the region. The highly anticipated all-inclusive programme includes a next-generation console of one’s choice between Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S, depending on one’s preferences, and a 24-month subscription to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, which includes a library of over 100 high-quality games and instant access to EA Play.
Khaled Elkhouly, Chief Consumer Officer, Etisalat, said, “We are thrilled to open a new chapter in our strategic partnership with Microsoft. A first in the region, Etisalat exclusively brings the much-awaited Xbox All Access by Microsoft to the region. “As the world’s fastest mobile network, Etisalat offers low latency and fastest speed to gamers, establishing itself as the best network for gamers and a key player in the gaming world. Our partnership with Microsoft brings us one step closer to this vision.”
“We are delighted about entering into this exciting partnership with Etisalat,” said Henrik Ertman Baunsgaard, General Manager, Consumer Channel Sales and Marketing, Middle East and Africa, Microsoft. “Xbox All Access gives our customers everything they need to get into gaming with Xbox – not only an Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S console, but also a library of over 100 high-quality games for console and PC with 24-months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate included. Together with Etisalat, we look forward to bringing the best that Xbox has to offer to passionate players in the UAE.”
Xbox All Access allows all video game enthusiasts to opt for two different packages, both including Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, based on the console they want: Xbox Series S, the smallest Xbox hardware ever, capable of offering next-generation performance, is priced at AED99 for 24 months; while it will be AED139 per month for 24 months for those who prefer to play with Xbox Series X, the fastest and most powerful Xbox console ever. All prices are VAT inclusive.
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate includes access to online multiplayer with Xbox Live Gold; an EA Play membership; brand new games on day one from Xbox Game Studios and Bethesda Softworks, as well as select indies and blockbusters; over 100 high-quality games to play with friends on console and PC; and up 20 percent off select games in the Xbox Game Pass library, and up to 10 percent off on game add-ons, Deals with Gold, and Games with Gold. Video game enthusiasts will get to enjoy free perks, including in-game content, consumables, and more.
Milestone Releases the Batman Expansion for Hot Wheels Unleashed
The amazing post-launch plan for Hot Wheels Unleashed is moving forward. Milestone released the Batman Expansion, a brand new themed DLC with content coming from the DC Universe, dedicated in specific to the Dark Knight legacy. The Batman Expansion brings a huge amount of new playable content with a brand-new Career map to complete, inspired by Gotham, and a breathtaking new environment with many new tracks, the Batcave. The Expansion also includes 5 themed vehicles, The Penguin, Robin™ 2.0T, Armored Batman™, Batman™ Rebirth, The Joker™ GT, a new Track Builder Module, the Joker Funhouse Split, and many themed customization items. The Batman Expansion is included in the HOT WHEELS™ Pass Vol. 1 or can be purchased separately.
Hot Wheels Unleashed offers players the opportunity to drive the cars as if they were playing with the die-cast toys. The gameplay includes adrenaline-filled races, an extended choice of Hot Wheels vehicles with different attributes and rarity levels that players can customize with different skins, and jaw-dropping tracks set in everyday-life locations with special track modules and interactive items. The game also features a revolutionary Track Builder enabling players to customize tracks in any game environment and share them with the game’s community.
Review: BenQ GV30 Portable Projector
After televisions, it’s time for projectors to get smart. BenQ’s new GV30 is one such smart portable projector that comes...
Review: Nokia XR20
The words “rugged” and “smartphone” usually do not go well together. This is because most rugged smartphones you see on...
Review: Huawei MateBook 14s
Huawei has been churning out one awesome laptop after another in quick succession. We recently reviewed the company’s brilliant MateBook...
Review: WD My Passport SSD (1TB)
WD’s new My Passport SSD is a gorgeous-looking external SSD storage device that offers storage capacities ranging between 256GB to...
Review: Honor 50
The new Honor 50 is the company’s first major smartphone launch since Honor spun out of its parent company Huawei...