Qualcomm has announced that its subsidiary, Qualcomm Technologies Inc., has introduced two new mobile platforms, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630. Both the platforms are designed to support a leap in performance enabling advanced photography and enhanced gaming, in addition to long battery life and fast LTE speeds.
The Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms include the Snapdragon 660 and 630 SoCs, which encompass the baseband functionalities. It also includes software and hardware components including RF front end, integrated Wi-Fi, power management, audio codec and speaker amplifier, all to support a comprehensive mobile solution.
“With the introduction of the Snapdragon 660 and 630 Mobile Platforms, we are thrilled that features such as improved image quality and fast LTE speeds will now be available in a wide array of devices without sacrificing performance or quality,” said Kedar Kondap, vice president, product management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “This ensures that a greater number of consumers will be able to take advantage of higher quality user experiences in camera, audio and visual processing, connectivity, improved CPU and GPU performance, fast charging, security and machine learning.”
The Snapdragon 660 and 630 Mobile Platforms focus on seven categories of features:
- Camera: The Qualcomm Spectra 160 premium camera ISP supports improved photographic image quality for more natural skin tones, superior low light photography, as well as better power efficiency and higher throughput for dual camera smartphones. Also supported are features like smooth optical zoom, bokeh effects, dual pixel autofocus, and improved camcorder video stabilization.
- Audio/Visual Processing: The Qualcomm Hexagon 680 DSP featuring vector extensions (HVX) on the Snapdragon 660 Mobile Platform enables high performance, power efficient processing of imaging, computer vision, and machine intelligence workloads, another first in the 600 tier. Optimized software libraries include support for TensorFlow and Halide. Both platforms also support Qualcomm All-Ways Aware technology with support for the Google Awareness API. This technology provides Qualcomm Technologies’ next generation of always-on contextual experiences and uses very low power running on the Hexagon DSP.
- Connectivity: The Snapdragon 660 and 630 both feature a Snapdragon X12 LTE Modem, paired with the new SDR660 RF transceiver, which support peak downlink data rates of 600Mbps to the 600-tier lineup of SOCs for the first time. The Snapdragon 660 supports 2×2 MU-MIMO 802.11ac Wi-Fi for twice as much data throughput and 60 percent lower download power consumption as the Snapdragon 652. It also offers improved coverage, especially in homes, and offices with hard to penetrate brick and concrete walls as well as advanced features such as LTE/Wi-Fi antenna sharing, and Dual Band Simultaneous (DBS) operation. Both platforms also come with advanced RF front-end support including Qualcomm TruSignal adaptive antenna tuning with carrier aggregation, designed to dynamically optimize signal quality in varying user conditions for wide network coverage and more consistent data and voice experience. The Snapdragon 660 and 630 are the first 600-tier chipsets with envelope tracking technology, including high-power user equipment (HPUE) support, for superior power efficiency and thermal performance. Both platforms also integrate powerful location engines with better sensitivity and support for new constellations (Galileo and QZSS) for faster location fix, enhancements to support mandatory emergency service requirements, as well as smoother pedestrian navigation with up to 50 – 75 percent lower power consumption (compared to previous generation). Both platforms also feature Bluetooth 5 support, which doubles the amount of data that devices can transfer compared to the previous iteration.
- Improved CPU and GPU: The Snapdragon 660 Mobile Platform is the successor to the Snapdragon 653 and features a 20 percent improvement in the Qualcomm Kryo 260 CPU and 30 percent improvement in the Qualcomm Adreno 512 GPU performance, ensuring a better gaming and multimedia experience for end users. The Snapdragon 630, which succeeds the Snapdragon 625, offers a 30 percent increase in the Adreno 508 GPU performance over its predecessor, as well as a 10 percent increase in CPU performance over its predecessor. Both platforms are designed to offer excellent battery life.
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 4: The Snapdragon 660 and 630 Mobile Platforms feature the latest innovations in Quick Charge technology, which supports up to 5 hours of talk time in just 5 minutes of charging and up to 50 percent battery life in just 15 minutes of charging.
- Security: Both platforms support Qualcomm Mobile Security, which provides security focused hardware-based protection, user authentication and device attestation on the mobile device.
- Machine Learning: OEMs and developers can also power immersive and engaging user experiences with machine learning on the Snapdragon 660 and 630 Mobile Platforms using the Snapdragon Neural Processing Engine SDK. This heterogeneous software framework offers support for Caffe/Caffe2 and TensorFlow, making it easy to target and run neural networks on the Snapdragon core that matches the power and performance profile of the desired feature – CPU, GPU or DSP/HVX.
The Snapdragon 660 and 630 Mobile Platforms share the same modem and camera architecture, and are pin and software compatible, making it simpler and easier for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to build, test and calibrate their devices. Both platforms use a 14nm FinFET process and provide 4K video capture and playback capabilities, along with 8GB maximum memory and Vulkan API support. Additionally, the Snapdragon 660 Mobile Platform supports displays up to QHD (2K) resolution, whereas the 630 supports FHD/QXGA (1080p).
The Snapdragon 660 Mobile Platform is now shipping and the Snapdragon 630 Mobile Platform will begin shipping towards the end of this month.
AMD Launches Radeon PRO W7700 Workstation Graphics Card
AMD has announced the AMD Radeon PRO W7700, a professional workstation graphics card under $1,000. The new workstation graphics card is designed to meet the evolving demands of professional workflows, including increasingly complex computer-generated designs, the continual growth in the development of visual effects and animations, a global surge in construction, and the explosive growth in advanced AI applications. The AMD Radeon PRO W7700 graphics card unleashes professionals’ creativity through exceptional performance, stunning visuals and future-ready capabilities.
“We built and optimized the AMD Radeon PRO W7700 graphics cards to create premium workstation graphics experiences, enabling our customers to boost innovation and productivity,” said Dan Wood, corporate vice president, Radeon product management at AMD. The AMD Radeon PRO W7700 workstation graphics card is ideal for the growing demands of creative industries, including media and entertainment, design and manufacturing, and architecture, engineering and construction.
The 16GB of high-speed VRAM allows 3D artists and video editors to work with higher-resolution models and textures and process intricate effects. It also enables data exchange between applications, allowing users to multitask between editing, compositing, and retouching to meet project deadlines. In addition, with industry-leading support for DisplayPort™ 2.1, video editors will benefit from richer colour spaces and the ability to leverage the highest display resolutions available today. The new graphics card also supports the latest codecs with AV1 encode/decode and AI-enhanced video encode capabilities for lightning-fast video encoding times that streamline and accelerate video production.
Built on the high-performance, energy-efficient AMD RDNA 3 architecture, the Radeon PRO W7700 workstation graphics card offers up to 1.7X better price/performance than the competitive offering. The new graphics card also provides up to 52% higher performance in SOLIDWORKS, up to 24% higher performance in Creo and up to 37% higher performance in CATIA compared to competitor solutions, empowering architects to bring their visions of hotels, office buildings and other structures to life by enabling them to produce photorealistic renders and immersive walkthroughs. DisplayPort 2.1 and the AMD Radiance Display Engine technologies also offer stunning resolutions and vibrant colour depth for viewing projects on up to four displays.
“The great collaboration between AMD and ACCA continues five years strong. Architectural customers have benefited from the combination of AMD Radeon ProRender in our ACCA Edificius BIM application, thanks to the integration of HIP,” said Guido Cianciulli, founder and CEO, ACCA Software. “We are excited that ACCA Edificius customers will benefit from the new AMD Radeon PRO W7000 series workstation graphics, which provide increased photorealism and improved image rendering power, as well as support for ultra-performance displays.”
The Radeon PRO W7700 workstation graphics card enables professionals to build and run AI applications right from their desktops. Featuring hardware-based AI accelerators, the graphics card is designed to accelerate AI workloads in the latest applications, including DaVinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere, Topaz Labs Video AI, and many others. “We are excited about the launch of the Radeon PRO W7700 and how it will help users leverage generative AI and the rest of their creative applications,” said Anush Elangovan, corporate vice president of software development at AMD (formerly Nod.ai). “Nod.ai has built APIs to help creators get the most out of their AI applications. Our SHARK Stable Diffusion REST API plugs into Blender, enabling creative professionals to leverage the power of generative AI in their familiar 3D tools.”
CORSAIR Adds iCUE LINK-Enabled Components to its Hydro X Series Custom Cooling Lineup
CORSAIR has unveiled the newest additions to the renowned Hydro X Series. In keeping with its commitment to revolutionizing DIY custom cooling, these products are seamlessly integrated with the innovative iCUE LINK Smart Component Ecosystem, further enhancing custom cooling performance and aesthetics. With the addition of the iCUE LINK XD5 RGB ELITE LCD Pump/Reservoir and iCUE LINK XG7 RGB 40-Series GPU Water Blocks, the Hydro X Series now offers even more iCUE LINK-enabled products, making the process of building a world-class custom cooling loop easier than ever.
Following the success of the acclaimed CORSAIR XD5 RGB and the recent introduction of the XD5 RGB ELITE, the iCUE LINK XD5 RGB ELITE LCD arrives as the new flagship of the Pump/Reservoir Combo lineup. This unit boasts a market-first 2.1″ IPS LCD pump screen with a 480×480 resolution, dynamically displaying real-time coolant temperatures, images, or animated GIFs. The XD5 RGB ELITE LCD’s integration of revolutionary iCUE LINK technology ensures a streamlined build process, eliminating the traditional MOLEX connectors, reducing cable clutter, and enhancing connectivity. With the reliability of a Xylem D5 PWM pump motor at its heart, the XD5 RGB ELITE LCD stands as a fusion of performance, convenience, and style. It is available in both Stealth Gray and White, accentuated with a gunmetal grey zinc-alloy finish.
CORSAIR iCUE LINK XG7 RGB 40-SERIES GPU Water Blocks are the latest components to join the new era of building simplicity. Stepping up from their predecessors, the upgraded XG7 RGBs now support iCUE LINK connectivity right out of the box. These full-cover water blocks ensure optimal performance coupled with cooler temperatures. Emphasizing versatility, the new XG7 RGB series still offers a variety of connection options, ensuring the needs of diverse DIY builders are met seamlessly. Multiple models designed to fit a growing number of graphics cards will be made available for purchase over the next few months.
Redefining loop design, the new Hydro X Series XT Softline Mesh Tubing is an innovative creation made from resilient EPDM rubber. Its unique mesh layer provides a robust and stylish look that’s unparalleled in the custom cooling domain. Available in both black and white, this tubing promises a blend of durability and distinct aesthetics. With these latest innovations, CORSAIR is advancing the Hydro X Series to meet the ever-changing demands of DIY enthusiasts. The Hydro X Series ensures that every component doesn’t just fit together—they harmonize to create a cohesive, high-performance, and visually captivating ensemble. Just as iCUE LINK unites a full range of components with a unified cable standard, the Hydro X Series embodies a symphony of excellence in performance and design.
The CORSAIR iCUE LINK XD5 RGB ELITE LCD, iCUE LINK XG7 RGB 40-SERIES GPU Water Blocks, and Hydro X Series XT Softline Mesh Tubing are available now from the CORSAIR webstore and the CORSAIR worldwide network of authorized retailers and distributors. The iCUE LINK XD5 RGB ELITE LCD, iCUE LINK XG7 RGB 40-SERIES GPU Water Blocks, and Hydro X Series XT Softline Mesh Tubing are backed by a three-year warranty, alongside the CORSAIR worldwide customer service and technical support network.
Review: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Formula Gaming Motherboard
ASUS released a lineup of new and refreshed ROG Z790 motherboards to coincide with the launch of Intel 14th Gen Raptor Lake Refresh desktop CPUs. We reviewed the ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Pro WiFi Motherboard a week ago, and today, we are taking a look at the ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Formula.
The ROG Maximus Z790 Formula is the ultimate motherboard, boasting a stunning Moonlight White design. Beyond its eye-catching appearance, it offers a boatload of features such as the exclusive HybridChill VRM cooling system for 14th-gen Intel processors, and advanced DDR5 settings. You also get multiple PCIe 5.0 slots for graphics cards and storage, rapid Intel Wi-Fi 7 networking, and extensive customisable ARGB lighting, ensuring whatever you build with this thing, is premium.
In terms of specifications, the ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Formula maintains its ATX form factor and incorporates a dual 8-pin CPU power connector setup. The VRM Configuration is 20+1+2(Core+GT+VCCIN) and backed up by a 10-phase supply count with 105A and 70A power stages.
The motherboard provides four DDR5 DIMM slots capable of supporting speeds exceeding 8000 MT/s and capacities of up to 192GB. The motherboard features a white shield covering its entire front, which also houses the M.2 heatsinks beneath it. Memory compatibility is a breeze with the Z790 Formula.
All XMP-certified kits can effortlessly reach their advertised speeds, as rigorous internal tests have verified these assertions. ASUS has also introduced a novel feature called DIMM Flex. DIMM Flex utilises an onboard thermal sensor located at the rear of the motherboard, beneath the memory slots, along with a microcontroller to continuously monitor temperature and dynamically optimise the memory refresh rate, providing an on-the-fly performance boost.
Regarding expansion options, the board includes two PCIe x16 slots and a diverse range of I/O ports, such as support for WIFI 7. You also get two Thunderbolt 4 Type-C ports, a USB 3.2 Gen 2 10 Gbps Type-C port, 5 GbE LAN, numerous USB 3.2 ports, and BIOS Flashback/Clear CMOS switches.
Other features of the motherboard include AI Overclocking, 2-inch Livedash OLED, AI Cooling II, and other bells and whistles. There are dual procool II power connectors, 20+1+2 power stages, and the motherboard comes with the Intel LGA 1700 socket that takes in 14th and 13th Gen Intel Core Processors, 12th Gen Intel Core processors, and Pentium Gold and Celeron processors.
In terms of I/O connectivity, you again get a boatload. The motherboard comes with one HDMI port, four USB 5Gbps Type-A ports, two Thunderbolt 4 USB Type-C ports, a Realtek 5Gb Ethernet port, six USB 10Gbps ports (five Type-A and one USB Type-C), Intel Wi-Fi 7, Optical S/PDIF Out, five gold-plated audio jacks, one USB 20Gbps USB Type-C front panel connector, and four SATA 6GB/S connectors.
Inside the package, in addition to the motherboard, cables, and other accessories, you’ll find an ASUS WiFi Q-Antenna. This antenna is equipped with dual transceivers, which provide support for the 2.4, 5, and 6 GHz bands, enhancing throughput speed. It also offers directional sensitivity to boost signal quality and expand coverage over longer distances.
Undoubtedly, the ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Formula is an exceptional and distinct motherboard. With its remarkable features and capabilities, I believe it will become a top choice for both enthusiasts and gamers in their feature builds. The ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Formula is currently available at a price of AED 3070.
Price: AED 3070
ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Formula Gaming Motherboard AED 3070
Beyond its eye-catching appearance, it offers a boatload of features such as the exclusive HybridChill VRM cooling system for 14th-gen Intel processors, and advanced DDR5 settings.
User Review( votes)
Review: SONOS Move 2
In the ever-evolving landscape of audio technology, SONOS has consistently been a name synonymous with quality and innovation. The SONOS...
Review: GameSir T4 Cyclone Pro Midnight Wireless Controller
The gaming peripherals market is inundated with a plethora of controllers, each vying for attention with unique features and design...
Review: Huawei MatePad 11-inch PaperMatte Edition
Huawei has long been a prominent player in the tech industry, consistently pushing the boundaries of innovation. The Huawei MatePad...
Review: Lexar Jumpdrive Fingerprint F35
In the fast-paced world of data storage, security is paramount. Lexar, a well-known player in the storage solutions market, has...
Review: Corsair MP700 Pro PCIe Gen5 X4 NVMe M.2 SSD with Cooler
Corsair has launched the new MP700 Pro PCIe Gen5 X4 NVMe M.2 SSD with a Cooler that stands out as...