Linksys has announced that at CES 2018, it has expanded its Velop whole home mesh Wi-Fi line. The company has added a Dual-Band offering and new software advancements that enhance performance with Intelligent Mesh technology. The new additions include security features with advanced parental controls, network traffic monitoring, and web site blocking in the Linksys app.
“Velop is now the most flexible whole home mesh Wi-Fi system on the market. It can be installed in different configurations to support any type of home, is compatible with any ISP modem or gateway, and both Dual-Band and Tri-Band nodes are 100% interoperable and interchangeable,” said the company in a statement. Linksys is showcasing its Velop product line at CES this week in the South Hall 3 – Booth #30750.
Linksys Velop Dual-Band Whole Home Wi-Fi Mesh System
Linksys is expanding its Velop product line to include a Dual-Band modular Wi-Fi system, the world’s first mass-market Flexible Wi-Fi System, (available in 1-pack, 2-pack and 3-pack options) that can be installed in various mesh configurations providing fast and reliable Wi-Fi to the edge of a home network. Velop Dual-Band nodes are designed for performance as well as elegance.
The devices stand about two inches shorter than the Velop Tri-Band solution and small enough to be placed anywhere with a clean and attractive look that appeals to everyone – which is unique to the mesh category of solutions for the home. Each Velop “node” is a powerful Dual-Band AC1300 device that serves as router, range extender, access point, and bridge which provides users the future proof technology they need as they bring new and more devices into the home.
Each node is configured during setup by the accompanying Linksys app (available for iOS and Android), which provides the industry’s simplest and most intuitive setup leveraging Bluetooth to securely communicate between the mobile device and each node. After setup is complete, the Linksys app serves as a powerful Wi-Fi management tool with useful features, such as guest access, parental controls, device prioritization, and insights that help Velop users get maximum performance and utility from their network. Velop helps users get the most out of their broadband subscription by delivering 100 percent of their speed to the edge of their network.
“According Industry Reach Group, NPD – Mesh Wi-Fi systems grew 338% in 2017 and will continue to grow in 2018; so we wanted to make sure that consumers had price and performance options to choose from,” said Justin Doucette, the senior director of product management at Linksys. “Our new Velop Dual-Band provides the price for performance that customers are looking for plus all the intelligent software and security features that continue to be updated for real time access to the latest enhancements.”
Key highlights include:
- Powerful Dual-Band – Each Velop node is a Dual-Band AC 2×2 802.11ac Wave 2 with MU-MIMO radio configuration with combined speed up to 1300 Mbps*.
- True Modular Mesh Design – Each node is built to connect with each other over Wi-Fi or wired Ethernet or combination of the two for best performance. They auto configure to connect in multiple different mesh topologies.
- Intelligent MeshTM Technology – The Velop system adapts to a user’s Wi-Fi needs. It self-heals and optimizes to consistently deliver fast, flawless Wi-Fi everywhere in home.
- Velop Dual-Band and Tri-Band are interoperable – Velop is the most flexible wi-fi system which users can simply select a Velop system based on size of their home, internet connection or smart home readiness. Velop users can use both the Tri-Band and Dual-Band versions on the same network. Adding a Dual-Band node to an existing Tri-Band mesh network is an affordable way to extend coverage. Introducing a Tri-Band node to a Dual-Band mesh network will unlock future-proofed smart home capabilities and improve performance.
- App-Led Setup – The new Linksys app automatically identifies the nodes to be setup using Bluetooth and creates a secure connection between the mobile device and each node. The app guides users through the installation process using visual animations where needed to clearly explain each step, including the transition from current networking hardware.
- Patented-Pending Spot Finder Technology – The placement of each node is critical to establish a reliable connection. During setup, Velop will recommend the best placement to reduce latency, maximize throughput and improve range and signal strength.
- Velop works with Amazon Alexa – Velop includes custom Amazon Alexa “skills” that can turn the guest network on/off and read back the credentials of both the main and guest networks
- Automatic Updates – Velop is connected to the Linksys cloud service and will automatically monitor for updates and apply new firmware that unlock new features, resolution to security vulnerabilities, and improved performance as they become available. Some Whole Home Wi-Fi systems require manual firmware updates making them vulnerable to security infringements. Users have the option to turn automatic updates off. Also, frequent updates to the Linksys app ensure that the Velop experience will continue to get better over time.
- Superior Warranty and Support – Velop comes with 3-years warranty and support
Intelligent Mesh and New Software Features Rolling Out To All Velop Users
Linksys is also introducing Intelligent Mesh, an evolution in Home Wi-Fi engineering, that combines Linksys software and hardware to deliver Wi-Fi via the fastest path to the internet for the best experience possible. Intelligent Mesh helps provide better speed at distances, improved client handling between nodes, and dynamic improvements to back-haul to always ensure the best connection to the Internet. Velop Intelligent Mesh is organized into these 4 pillars and works seamlessly and automatically across both Velop Dual-Band an Tri-Band nodes:
- Self-Organize: The Velop system is a modular mesh system that support both Wi-Fi and wired back-haul, configures in AP/Bridge mode, works with any ISP modem or gateway and interoperates seamlessly across Dual-Band and Tri-Band nodes.
- Self-Optimize: The Velop system continuously calculates the signal strength and speed between nodes to help deliver the best internet connection to your devices. For Example, Velop uses patent pending Spot Finder technology during setup to automatically configure the mesh network optimizing both Wi-Fi channels and bands to provide best performance to each client device
- Self-Healing: The Velop system will reconfigure itself if a node goes offline so that the network continues to perform. Also, the Linksys app includes the Channel Finder feature to initiate a new channel scan to avoid interference or crowded wireless signals.
- One Network: The Velop system uses one network name, one password, one admin password for a consistent and secure mesh network of multiple nodes. Velop’s guest network will extend to all nodes and changing passwords to stay secure only requires a single update in the Linksys app or web interface.
Linksys is also adding new software features in its Intelligent Mesh architecture to enhance the performance of Wi-Fi throughout the home as well as new parental control and security features thru in-app purchases that will add to the overall value of the system.
- Client Steering by node: (Self-Optimize). Ensures device is connected to the closest node for optimal performance.
- Backhaul Reconnect and Optimization (Self-Optimize, Self-Configure, Self-Healing). Nodes will reestablish best connection to the Internet in the event one of the nodes fails or joins the network.
- Parental control improvements including website category content filtering with allow and block overrides
- Automatic network traffic security monitoring for malware, phishing, and blocking of malicious web sites
The Linksys Velop Dual-Band Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System (available in 1-pack, 2-pack and 3-pack) is planned to be available this spring in US and Canada. Prices will be announced when product is available at major retail and online stores. Pricing and availability for the EMEA region will be announced at a later stage.
The new software features will be released as they become available via firmware updates and Linksys app updates for all Velop models starting soon.
Reolink Launches a 16MP Camera and Dual-Lens Security Camera Lineup at CES 2024
Reolink has unveiled a new dual-lens camera lineup at CES 2024. The company showed off a 16 million-pixel security camera, Duo 3 PoE, and more cutting-edge security products and technologies, redefining the future of home and business surveillance. “Devoted to creating the finest security products for consumers and business owners, Reolink is harnessing the latest technology to make homes and offices more secure and comfortable,” says Fabrice Klohoun, Marketing Manager at Reolink. “We invite conference attendees to join us at CES to witness the latest advances in security solutions, including the 16MP images captured by our devices and additional capabilities of Reolink’s product offerings.”
Reolink Duo 3 PoE 16MP Camera
Reolink’s newest addition to its flagship dual-lens lineup, the Duo 3 PoE, innovatively merges two high-resolution lenses into a real-life vision with an enormous 16 million pixels. Users can capture more vivid details than ever before, including wanted or unwanted visitors, license plates, delivered packages and much more. Boasting an advanced dual-image stitching algorithm, the Reolink Duo 3 PoE camera creates a 180° panoramic view with minimum distortion. Users will experience peace of mind when it comes to property surveillance without missing a single detail.
The most innovative feature of the Duo 3 PoE camera is the built-in Motion Track. By overlaying multiple tracks and positions of people, vehicles, or animals over a certain period into a single picture, users can monitor footage within seconds. This feature removes hurdles like video buffering delays and having to watch multiple footage playback to confirm activity.
Reolink TrackMix Series and Argus Track
Reolink’s hybrid lens TrackMix series provides wide-angle images and target-focused close-ups simultaneously. Together with the auto-tracking function, the TrackMix camera lineup delivers the smoothest surveillance experience for tracking a moving target.
Reolink brings this hybrid dual-lens security technology to a consumer-grade security camera, known as the Reolink Argus Track. This sleek camera incorporates all of the must-have features on the TrackMix cameras: 4K colour images day and night, dual-view display – one for overall and the other for close-up, and 6x hybrid zoom. In addition, it is solar-powered with a 6W solar panel.
Reolink ColorX Series
Reolink is expanding its innovative ColorX true colour night vision technology into more lineups: 4K camera series, Wi-Fi camera series, and PTZ camera series.
Integrating an F1.0 super aperture, an advanced 1/1.8” sensor and HDR function, the new ColorX cameras CX810, CX410W, E1 Outdoor CX capture ultra clear and colourful visuals in extreme darkness, improving nighttime surveillance performance as daylight ones.
High-performing security systems should be full-range and centralized. At CES, Reolink showcased three surveillance solutions for homes and businesses, ranging from wire-free battery solutions and fast Wi-Fi 6 plug-in solutions to solid PoE systems.
All Reolink security camera system solutions embrace a spectrum of advanced features, including 24/7 monitoring, AI-assisted smart detection, instant motion alerts, and more.
LG Launches the “World’s First” Wireless Transparent OLED TV at CES 2024
LG Electronics (LG) is unveiling the world’s first wireless transparent OLED TV at CES 2024. The LG SIGNATURE OLED T is a true technological marvel, combining a transparent 4K OLED screen and LG’s wireless video and audio transmission technology to transform the screen experience in ways that have never been possible before. The OLED T unlocks a world of near-limitless potential, giving users the unprecedented freedom to meticulously curate their living spaces. This is complemented by the class-leading picture quality and performance of LG OLED, powered by the new α (Alpha) 11 AI processor.
LG SIGNATURE OLED T liberates users from a dominant black screen that competes with the décor in their home. Maintaining its 77-inch screen size, OLED T and its innovative transparent display seamlessly harmonize with its environment. Practically invisible when turned off, it blends into the environment and frees users from the long-standing problem of what to do with the ‘big black screen.’ The TV’s beautiful see-through screen also helps to make one’s space feel larger, providing a sense of openness.
The unique LG OLED T brings with it many new possibilities, from where it can be placed in the room, to the kinds of user experiences that LG can now deliver. Its transparent OLED screen removes the usual constraints that come with conventional TVs. No longer does the TV have to be placed against the wall. Instead, place the OLED T in the middle of the room to become a divider or prop it against the window without blocking the view outside. The included Zero Connect Box, which leverages LG’s cutting-edge wireless transmission technology to send 4K images and sound to the OLED T, also enables users to place their TV anywhere, regardless of where the electrical outlets are located in the room. With no cables between the Zero Connect Box and the OLED T, users can enjoy a clean, cable-free viewing environment.
What’s more, the modular design of the LG OLED T facilitates diverse installation methods. The OLED T comes in stand-alone, against-the-wall, or wall-mount options. Customers can further customize by adding standing or floating shelves on either or both sides of the screen to best suit their unique tastes and preferences. LG’s transparent OLED lets owners discover new forms of entertainment and use via its dual viewing experiences: transparent and opaque. The OLED T becomes a transparent digital canvas for showcasing artwork, videos or photos with the Always-On-Display (AOD) feature.
The content displayed on the transparent screen appears to float in air, yet simultaneously fuses with the surrounding space to create a compelling and atmospheric visual effect. Another option is the T-Bar feature that offers a helpful info-ticker running along the lower part of the screen. The T-Bar displays news alerts, weather updates, or the title of songs being played while the rest of the screen presents a clear, unobstructed view of the space behind it.
For viewing in picture-perfect OLED, simply click a button to raise the contrast screen. In this way, users can instantly switch to take full advantage of LG OLED’s enhanced picture quality through the new α (Alpha) 11 AI processor with 4 times greater AI performance. This provides a 70 per cent improvement in graphic performance and a 30 per cent faster processing speed compared to its predecessor. OLED T offers the best of both transparent and vibrant-color screen experiences with just a click of a button.
“An incredible feat of consumer-driven innovation, LG SIGNATURE OLED T offers brand-new screen experiences plus the picture quality and performance of our award-winning OLED technology,” said Park Hyoung-sei, president of the LG Home Entertainment Company. “LG’s transparent OLED gives customers greater freedom to curate their living spaces, completely redefining what’s possible and pointing the way to an exciting future for the television industry.”
Hisense Shows Off ULED X TV, Smart Refrigerator, and Dishwasher at CES 2024
Hisense has unveiled new products at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2024 in Las Vegas. Featuring the ConnectLife smart platform and VIDAA TV operating system, Hisense smart home revolutionizes & changes the way consumers engage with their homes. Whether it’s through entertainment via its ULED X TVs or smart screens in the kitchen, Hisense’s Smart Home seamlessly connects scenario-driven technology with the everyday needs of consumers.
CES 2024, the annual four-day exhibition that started Tuesday, has so far featured Hisense’s Smart TV for Home Entertainment with its CanvasTV; 98UX Mini LED TV; Hisense’s thinnest Mini LED, 75UX; and CES Innovation Award honoree, 110UX. Also, on display this year is the future of smart kitchens, with Hisense’s premium ProChef@Home, four-door smart refrigerator with VersaTemp Zone, and the CES Innovation Award-winning Smart and reliable Built-In Dishwasher with Autodose & AutoDry.
With Hisense products available in more than 160 countries, supported by 66 overseas companies and offices, 34 industrial parks, and 25 R&D centres, the company has experienced extraordinary growth over the past decade and continues to use display technologies to support consumer needs. Hisense’s reach goes far beyond the home, pervading several aspects of everyday life from offices, classrooms, hospitals, stadiums, and vehicles – both physically and through immersive AR/VR solutions.
Hisense is pushing the limits of LED once again with new introductions to the Smart TV’s 110UX, a CES Innovation Award winner, is a Mini LED TV with a jaw-dropping peak brightness of up to 10,000 nits, it introduces a new level of display precision and performance by incorporating over 40,000 backlight zones on one 110-inch screen, minimizing backlight bleed and measurably elevating contrast.
The core of Hisense’s Smart Home is the interconnectivity between these Hisense Smart TVs and the innovative operating system, ensuring a seamless content experience. Smart Built-In Dishwasher with Autodose & AutoDry is a recipient of a 2024 CES Innovation Award, with this liquid detergent autodosing dishwasher allowing consumers to load their dishes, choose a program, and have detergent automatically dispensed for a convenient and hassle-free cleanup.
“We are steadfast in our commitment to creating energy-efficient smart products that will revolutionise the consumer and home appliance industry,” said Jason Ou, President of Hisense MENA. “Our win is a testament to our consistent R&D, which helps us create products to meet the divergent needs of our consumers without compromising on the look of the products.” Further to the innovations in ULED X and smart kitchen appliances, Hisense continues to introduce Matter compatibility appliances, with its latest Auto Louver Smart Window AC on display alongside some of Hisense’s Smart Energy Management appliances, including its smart washer/dryer and HVAC products.
Hisense is also giving plenty of attention to its laser TV division with its ultra-short throw projector-based Laser TV range. The flagship 8K Sonic Screen Laser TV delivers unparalleled 8K resolution and cinematic sound through its screen, boasting 100,000+ sound units. Complementing this, the Rollable Laser TV offers a sleek, integrated ultra-short throw projector and ambient light-rejecting screen. Hisense’s commitment to innovation reinforces its position as an industry leader.
TOZO HT2 ANC Wireless Headphones Review: Affordable Excellence in Sound and Comfort
At Gadget Voize, we’ve previously reviewed a couple of TOZO audio products such as the Golden X1 Wireless Earbuds and...
Review: Sennheiser AMBEO Soundbar Mini
The Sennheiser AMBEO Soundbar Mini is a compact yet powerful soundbar, offering an expansive and meticulously detailed audio experience. The...
HONOR Magic V2 Review: Redefining Foldable Excellence
The HONOR Magic V2 has emerged as a groundbreaking foldable smartphone, marking the third generation of excellence from Honor and...
GameSir G8 Galileo Mobile Gaming Controller Review: Elevating Mobile Gaming with Precision and Performance
Mobile gaming has become a powerhouse in the gaming industry, thanks to the increasing capabilities of smartphones. However, one common...
Video: The HUAWEI MatePad Pro 13.2″ – A Beautiful Tablet That Inspires You to Create
The HUAWEI MatePad Pro 13.2″ is the first tablet in the industry to feature a large-size flexible OLED screen. It...