Honda Motor has announced the launch of its brand new sleek crossover, the HR-V, at an exclusive event in Abu Dhabi. The event, entitled the ‘Power of 3’ also saw the unveiling of the updated popular CR-V and Pilot models, which boast bold new designs and features upgrades , completing the manufacturer’s SUV line up.
Several VIPs and car enthusiasts attended the much-anticipated ‘Power of 3’ event, which saw the unveiling of the HR-V for the first time in the region, since its debut in late 1999. The Honda HR-V marks the presence of an entry level SUV from the Honda Range, this 5 seater vehicle will be available across all GCC Countries and North Africa. The Honda HR-V has been positioned as a fun and sporty SUV which has been designed for life. It is available in three grades for the region and will launch in the showrooms across the GCC by end of February 2019.
The new model to market was accompanied by the refreshed 5th Generation CR-V, which boasts bold new styling, a more premium interior and a host of new features, such as, Hands Free Power Tailgate and technologies aimed at maintaining the CR-V’s status as the outright benchmark in the highly popular compact SUV segment.
The final model to complete the ‘Power of 3’ line up, which was showcased at the event, was the redesigned and re-engineered 2019 Honda Pilot. This brings with it a long list of upgrades to Honda’s award-winning 8-seat SUV, with changes including more aggressive front styling, the option for a new hands-free power tailgate, major upgrades to available connected-car technology, with a new Display Audio touchscreen system. Honda’s comprehensive suite of safety technologies called “Honda Sensing” has been expanded to the 2019 Pilot Touring grade.
Alongside the newly unveiled SUVs was the completely new “NEO CAFÉ CB1000R motorcycle, and a brand new Drive By Wire BF 250 marine engine. The much-loved CB1000R has been completely redeveloped and includes a striking modern CAFÉ racer-inspired design, showcased at the event. The bike has been in huge demand since its launch, outstripping supply, with additional bikes ordered to meet customer demand. Honda also announced the arrival of the CB1000R+ model, which is equipped with many standard features, such as Quick shifter.
The new boating season also sees the newly developed Honda’s flagship outboard motors, the BF175, BF200, BF225 and BF250 engines. All engines are equipped with the latest V6 engines featuring mechanical or Drive By Wire system. The BF175 is only equipped with Drive By Wire.
Commenting on the Power of 3 launch, Anup Ravindranath, General Manager – Business Development and Marketing, Honda Motor Co. Africa and Middle East Office, said: “We’re excited to be able to introduce the HR-V to the market here in the Middle East and Africa, as this is such a key market for SUVs. One in two cars purchased in the region is an SUV, and so we’re pleased to launch the HR-V alongside the updated popular CR-V and Pilot models. This expands our range of having an SUV to suit the needs of each of our customers.”
HONOR Says its Eye-Tracking Features Can Move a Car
HONOR has introduced an AI-powered eye-tracking feature that can move a car without a driver inside. This experiment, demonstrated by an automotive engineer, uses the eye-tracking feature of the HONOR Magic6 Pro to control a car based on the user’s eye movement.
A video by Autocar, available on YouTube, showcases this innovative technology. The HONOR Magic6 Pro is equipped with four commands that can be activated by eye gaze, allowing the car to start the engine, turn it off, and move forward or backwards. After focusing on a specific button for 2-3 seconds, the corresponding command is activated, and the car responds accordingly.
HONOR says that this demonstration is a testament to the company’s belief that AI can transform the way humans interact with devices in the future. HONOR has announced that its MWC Launch Event will be on February 25th. HONOR will also host an AI Panel with industry partners such as Qualcomm to unveil more discoveries about the future of AI. This event will take place on February 26th at 17:00 (CET) at MWC 2024. Find out more at this link: https://www.hihonor.com/ae-en/events/honor-mwc/
Polestar 3 Launches in the UAE
Al-Futtaim Electric Mobility Company, the official distributor of Polestar in the UAE, have announced the official launch of Polestar 3. Polestar 3 is also the brand’s first vehicle planned to be produced on two continents – marking a milestone in green mobility in the UAE and adding a luxury high-performance electric alternative to the most popular car segment in the country – SUVs.
Featuring a unique design language inspired by Polestar Precept and Scandinavian minimalism, Polestar 3 is a fully electric 5-seat luxury SUV with a power range of up to 380 kW and 910 Nm of torque. Marking Polestar’s entry into the thriving electric SUV market, Polestar 3 introduces a new aerodynamic profile with a focus on retaining SUV characteristics and features subtle yet effective aerodynamic optimisations – such as a front aero wing integrated into the bonnet, an aero wing integrated into the rear spoiler, and rear aero blades.
In the UAE, Polestar 3 prototypes were tested last year with temperatures reaching up to 50°C, aimed to fine-tune the vehicle’s climate system as a part of extreme weather tests to ensure optimal performance. The launch of Polestar 3 in the UAE is also in line with the official distributor of Polestar in the UAE, Al-Futtaim Electric Mobility Company’s pioneering role in developing a new sustainable mobility ecosystem that contributes to the country’s firm commitment to net-zero by 2050.
Hasan Nergiz, Managing Director, Al-Futtaim Electric Mobility Company, said, “Polestar 3 is one of the most anticipated electric vehicles worldwide, and of course, we are thrilled to bring this car into the region. For us, this is the car that will unlock the UAE market for Polestar, as it redefines what SUVs can do in terms of performance in the electric age while enabling zero carbon emissions. It is also a strong manifestation of our commitment to continue spearheading the sustainable mobility transition of the country, and delivering the best of performance, luxury and sustainability, all at the same time. The introduction of Polestar 3 is perfectly timed, as Al-Futtaim continue to drive investments in shaping an end-to-end electric mobility ecosystem across the UAE, including our charging stations and the region’s first IMI-certified e-mobility training centre launched by us last year.”
Polestar 3 is available at launch with a dual-motor configuration with a power bias towards the rear and an optional Performance Pack for increased power and torque. It boasts a 111 kWh battery pack with a driving range of up to 610km WLTP*. Polestar 3 is also equipped for bidirectional charging, enabling future potential for vehicle-to-grid and plug-and-charge capabilities in the future.
Polestar 3 is equipped with central computing using the NVIDIA DRIVE core computer and carries next-generation advanced active and passive safety technology from Volvo Cars as part of its DNA. This includes the latest innovation – interior radar sensors that can detect sub-millimetre movements in the interior of the car, to help protect against accidentally leaving children or pets inside. This is also linked to the climate control system to avoid heat stroke or hypothermia. Further collaborations with industry-leading safety technology partners like Zenseact, Luminar and Smart Eye, provide Polestar 3 with cutting-edge ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System) technology that integrates seamlessly thanks to the centralised computing power.
The infotainment system is powered by a next-generation Snapdragon Cockpit Platform from Qualcomm Technologies, providing an immersive in-vehicle experience. The infotainment interface is powered by Android Automotive OS and features Google built-in, an evolution of the ground-breaking system first introduced in Polestar 2. Materials used inside Polestar 3 have been selected for their sustainability credentials while raising premium aesthetics and luxury tactility. These include bio-attributed MicroTech, animal welfare-certified leather from Bridge of Weir, and fully traceable wool upholsteries.
Standard equipment includes air suspension, a panoramic glass roof, all-LED lighting, retractable door handles, and 21-inch alloy wheels. Optional packs, such as the Pilot Pack with LiDAR from Luminar and the Performance Pack, offer additional capabilities and performance enhancements. A significant aspect of the Polestar brand in the UAE is the powerful aftersales support network dedicated to electric and hybrid vehicles developed by Al-Futtaim Electric Mobility Company. Recognising that the maintenance of green mobility vehicles needs a new kind of expertise, the company offers dedicated training on e-mobility technologies at their IMI-certified training academy.
The Polestar 3 Long-range Dual motor is now available for order, with a starting price of AED 360,000.
Sony Electronics Expands its Car Speaker and Subwoofer Lineup
Sony Middle East and Africa today announced its GS car speaker and subwoofer lineup, including the XS-162GS, XS-160GS, XS-690GS speakers, and XS-W124GS and XS-W104GS subwoofers. For those who are seeking for step-up acoustic system from their factory car audio, the GS lineup is designed to deliver smooth, detailed sound, that will turn an everyday journey into a real audio experience.
GS Lineup Overview:
- XS-162GS | 16 cm (6 ½”) 2-way Component Speakers
- XS-160GS | 16 cm (6 ½”) 2-way Coaxial Speakers
- XS-690GS | 16 x 24 cm (6 x 9“) 2-way Coaxial Speakers
- XS-W124GS | 30 cm (12“) Subwoofer
- XS-W104GS | 25 cm (10“) Subwoofer
XS-162GS, XS-160GS, XS-690GS, Speakers’ Key Features:
- Composite Polypropylene Cone Woofer: Optimally designed polypropylene diaphragm gives deep bass while suppressing peaks and dips in the mid and high-frequency smooth integration with the tweeter.
- Foam Rubber Surround: The woofer surround material is made of foam rubber, manufactured with an air-filled matrix structure that is lightweight and durable, providing optimal damping characteristics for responsive bass notes.
- Dynamic Air Diffuser: The integrated Dynamic Air Diffuser ensures efficient air circulation for smooth cone travel and cooling of the voice coil.
- Progressive Height Rate Spider: The acoustically optimised spider allows for higher power handling and airflow, with a profile designed for more rapid and precise cushioning of the speaker cone.
- Silk Soft Dome Tweeter: Based on technology developed for our premium speaker designs, the soft-dome tweeter boasts a flat frequency response and wider dispersion. In addition, its silk diaphragm contributes to natural and smooth sound with good internal loss.
- Easy Installation: The smaller tweeter chassis and shallow woofer basket decrease physical interference with factory grilles, enabling easy installation in a wider variety of vehicles.
- Phase Plug (XS-162GS Only): The resonance damping phase plug on the woofer helps realise the ideal frequency response, right up to the crossover point with the matched tweeters.
- Supplied Tweeter Mounts/ Adaptors (XS-162GS Only): The newly designed angle mounts and surface mount adaptors ensure flexible installation in various types of vehicles for the best acoustic results.
- In-line Crossover Networks (XS-162GS Only): The in-line crossover networks enable easy wiring realising installation in a wider variety of vehicles.
XS-W124GS and XS-W104GS Subwoofers’ Key Features:
- Paper Cone Diaphragm with Polypropylene Cap: A lightweight paper cone diaphragm directly connected to the voice coil reproduces tight low end. The injected polypropylene dust cap ensures rigidity and optimises internal damping, realising powerful and responsive bass sound.
- Progressive Height Rate Double Spider: The acoustically optimised spider allows for higher power handling and airflow, with a profile designed for more rapid and precise cushioning of the speaker cone. To increase signal integrity and prevent sound interference the lead wire from the voice coil is also sewn to the spider, reducing wire movement.
- Long Excursion Structure: The voice coil is supported by the double-layered spider, suppressing unwanted rolling, while also ensuring long excursion to reproduce rich bass sounds.
- Rubber Surround: Rubber surround reduces excessive vibration and supports cone excursion with less distortion. The result is a solid bass response at high volume levels so that the system can play loud and clear.
“Sony’s products are not only designed to be stylish but also with the environment in mind. For the GS lineup individual packaging, 98% of the cushions are made of paper materials, and compared to the prior model, printed information has been carefully considered for simplicity and length to reduce printer ink usage by approximately 90%, reflecting Sony’s commitment to reducing environmental impact,” the company said in a press statement.
TOZO HT2 ANC Wireless Headphones Review: Affordable Excellence in Sound and Comfort
At Gadget Voize, we’ve previously reviewed a couple of TOZO audio products such as the Golden X1 Wireless Earbuds and...
Review: Sennheiser AMBEO Soundbar Mini
The Sennheiser AMBEO Soundbar Mini is a compact yet powerful soundbar, offering an expansive and meticulously detailed audio experience. The...
HONOR Magic V2 Review: Redefining Foldable Excellence
The HONOR Magic V2 has emerged as a groundbreaking foldable smartphone, marking the third generation of excellence from Honor and...
GameSir G8 Galileo Mobile Gaming Controller Review: Elevating Mobile Gaming with Precision and Performance
Mobile gaming has become a powerhouse in the gaming industry, thanks to the increasing capabilities of smartphones. However, one common...
Video: The HUAWEI MatePad Pro 13.2″ – A Beautiful Tablet That Inspires You to Create
The HUAWEI MatePad Pro 13.2″ is the first tablet in the industry to feature a large-size flexible OLED screen. It...