Today, AMD has announced the global availability of its new leadership PC gaming platform based on AMD Radeon RX 5700 series graphics cards and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Desktop Processors, as well as AMD Ryzen 3000 Series Processors with Radeon Graphics (APUs). Together, these offerings take gaming performance, immersive experiences, and visual fidelity to new heights.
AMD Radeon RX 5700 series graphics cards redefine what is possible in 1440p gaming. Built on the ground-breaking all-new AMD RDNA gaming architecture and 7nm process technology, the new graphics cards deliver superior visual fidelity, lightning-fast performance and advanced features to power the latest AAA and eSports titles. Starting today, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT and RX 5700 graphics cards are available on AMD.com and from leading etailers and retailers for $399 and $349 USD SEP, respectively, and the 50th Anniversary Edition Radeon RX 5700 XT graphics card is available while supplies last for $449 USD SEP from AMD.com and JD.com.
With up to 12 cores and 24 threads now available, 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Desktop Processors are another powerful demonstration of the technology leadership of AMD, delivering the first high-performance 7nm processors in consumer desktop PCs. Building on the legacy of high-performance “Zen” architectures, the “Zen 2” microarchitecture incorporates enhancements that deliver a significant IPC uplift of an estimated 15 percent generationally for faster gaming and content creation. Beginning today, 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors, including the new Ryzen 3000 Series Processors with Radeon Graphics, are available globally at leading etailers and retailers starting at just $99 USD SEP.
“We are proud to deliver our newest AMD Radeon graphics cards and AMD Ryzen processor products to create the ultimate PC gaming platform with leadership performance at every price point,” said Dr. Lisa Su, President, and CEO, AMD. “AMD is committed to driving innovation and competition across the computing and graphics markets to give PC enthusiasts, gamers and creators incredible experiences and unmatched value.”
AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series graphics cards harness the RDNA gaming architecture, which was built from the ground up for superior performance, scalability and power efficiency, and designed to power the future of PC, console, mobile, and cloud-based gaming. The new RDNA architecture supports high-speed GDDR6 memory, provides PCIe 4.0 support, and provides up to 1.25X higher performance-per-clock and up to 1.5X higher performance-per-watt over AMD’s previous Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture, enabling hyper-realistic, ultra-responsive and high-framerate gaming experiences.
The newest Radeon graphics cards offer powerful new features to elevate 1440p gaming, including:
- Radeon Image Sharpening (RIS) – Brings crispness and clarity to in-game visuals that have been softened by other post-process effects in DirectX 9, 12, and Vulkan titles. When paired with Radeon GPU upscaling, RIS enables sharp visuals and fluid frame rates on very high-resolution displays.
- FidelityFX – Offers an open-source toolkit for game developers with high-quality post-process effects to help make games look beautiful while offering an optimal balance of visual fidelity and performance. Available on GPUOpen, FidelityFX features Contrast-Adaptive Sharpening (CAS), which draws out detail in low-contrast areas while minimizing artifacts caused by typical image sharpening routines.
- Radeon Anti-Lag – Optimized for eSports, improves competitiveness by decreasing input-to-display response times by up to 31 percent.
|Model||Compute Units||Stream Processors||TFLOPS||GDDR6 (GB)||Base Clock (MHz)||Game Clock (MHz)||Boost Clock (MHz)||SEP(USD)|
|50th Anniversary Edition Radeon RX 5700 XT||40||2,560||Up to 10.14||8||1,680||1,830||Up to 1,980||$449|
|Radeon RX 5700 XT||40||2,560||Up to 9.75||8||1,605||1,755||Up to 1,905||$399|
|Radeon RX 5700||36||2,304||Up to 7.95||8||1,465||1,625||Up to 1,725||$349|
Built on power-efficient 7nm-based processors, the new 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors enable ultimate performance, power efficiency, and core counts across single-thread and multi-thread workloads, offering:
- Elite gaming performance – With higher clock speeds, more performance per clock, and larger L3 cache than the previous generation, plus new synergies with the Windows 10 May 2019 Update, 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors enable more powerful and smoother gaming experiences across 1080p and 1440p resolutions.
- Winning content creation performance – For content creators,3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors enable a commanding performance advantage over the competition in rendering, encoding, color grading, and more.
- Cooler and quieter PC experience – 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors offer supreme performance with highly energy efficient operation, enabling up to 58% better performance-per-watt on Ryzen 9 Processors and up to 30% better performance-per-watt on Ryzen 7 Processors — all while running in a highly efficient, low-power envelope — than the competition.
- Overclocking made simple – Like all AMD Ryzen Processors, 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors are fully multiplier and voltage unlocked. New Precision Boost Overdrive with Automatic Overclocking can deliver even higher performance on 3000 Series Ryzen 5, 7, and 9 processors by communicating with the user’s motherboard and increasing the maximum clock frequency by up to 200MHz at the touch of a button. A new and improved AMD Ryzen Master Software utility is also available, including a redesigned user interface and many new features, offering users an easy way to squeeze every drop of performance from their AMD Ryzen Desktop Processor.
Additionally, with the release of the 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors, AMD designed and unveiled the new X570 chipset for AMD Socket AM4, enabling the world’s first platform with PCIe4.0 support for consumers. Unique support for PCIe 4.0 paves the way for new classes of high-performance graphics cards, networking devices, NVMe drives, and more. With over 100 AM4 motherboards currently in the market, our partners are expected to introduce an additional 50+ models with the new AMD X570 chipset to complete the widest selection of launch motherboards in AMD history.
Together, the 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processor family with a X570 motherboard enable more high-speed ports and lanes than any other mainstream socket – a truly enthusiast-worthy solution.
|3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors||
|TDP (Watts)||Boost/Base Freq. (GHz)||L2 + L3 Cache (MB)||PCIe 4.0 Lanes (processor + AMD X570)||SEP (USD)|
|Ryzen 9 3950X||16/32||105||4.7/3.5||72||44 (36 useable)||Available September 2019|
|Ryzen 9 3900X||12/24||105||4.6/3.8||70||44 (36 useable)||$499|
|Ryzen 7 3800X||8/16||105||4.5/3.9||36||44 (36 useable)||$399|
|Ryzen 7 3700X||8/16||65||4.4/3.6||36||44 (36 useable)||$329|
|Ryzen 5 3600X||6/12||95||4.4/3.8||35||44 (36 useable)||$249|
|Ryzen 5 3600||6/12||65||4.2/3.6||35||44 (36 useable)||$199|
AMD also announced availability of the Ryzen 3000 Series Desktop Processors with Radeon Graphics, armed with higher CPU and graphics clock speeds than its prior generation of processors, plus new driver features like Radeon Anti-Lag. Offering best-in-class graphics performance; smooth framerates for 1080p gamers; 4K HDR streaming capabilities; and Radeon FreeSync support, the latest generation of AMD Ryzen Processors with Graphics are ideal for affordable gaming rigs, SFF PCs, HTPCs, and other unique builds.
|Ryzen 3000 Series Processors with Radeon Graphics||
|TDP (Watts)||Boost/Base Freq. (GHz)||Graphics (Graphics Clock)||L2 + L3 Cache (MB)||SEP1 (USD)|
|Ryzen 5 3400G||4/8||65||4.2/3.7||Radeon RX Vega 11 (1400 MHz)||6||$149|
|Ryzen 3 3200G||4/4||65||4.0/3.6||Radeon Vega 8 (1250 MHz)||6||$99|
AMD is also offering the Xbox Game Pass for PC, providing complimentary, three-month access to Xbox Game Pass for PC with the purchase of AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series graphics cards, AMD Ryzen 3000 Series processors, and other select AMD products from participating retailers.
Intel Launches 13th Gen Intel Core Processor Family Alongside New Intel Unison Solution
At Intel Innovation, Intel revealed the 13th Gen Intel Core processor family, led by the 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K – the world’s fastest desktop processor. The new 13th Gen Intel Core family includes six new unlocked desktop processors with up to 24 cores and 32 threads and blazing clock speeds up to 5.8 GHz for the best gaming, streaming, and recording experience.
Led by the launch of the Intel Core ’K’ processors, the 13th Gen Intel Core desktop family will consist of 22 processors and more than 125 partner system designs – providing an uncompromising experience in both application performance and platform compatibility. Enthusiasts can take advantage of 13th Gen Intel Core processors’ performance improvements with existing Intel 600 or new Intel 700 series chipset motherboards. Combined with both the latest DDR5 memory support and continued DDR4 memory support, users can enjoy the benefits of 13th Gen Intel Core while customizing their setup based on their own features and budget preferences.
“We are raising the standards of PC performance once again with our latest generation of flagship 13th Gen Intel Core Processors,” said Michelle Johnston Holthaus, executive vice president and general manager of the Client Computing Group at Intel. “The 13th Gen Intel Core family is the latest example of how Intel is enabling amazing experiences to happen on the PC — at scale and across all PC product segments. Combine this with an industry-leading partner ecosystem and new solutions like Intel Unison, and together we are showing the world what’s truly possible with the PC experience going forward.”
Building on a matured Intel 7 process and x86 performance hybrid architecture, 13th Gen Intel Core desktop processors enable better system performance – even through the most demanding of multitasking workloads. This includes up to 15% better single-threaded performance and up to 41% better multi-threaded performance. With this generation, Intel’s performance hybrid architecture brings together the fastest Performance-core (P-core) ever built along with up to double the number of Efficient-cores (E-core) – delivering an improved single-threaded and multi-threaded performance that enables:
- World’s best gaming experience: Available with up to 24 cores (8 P-cores, 16 E-cores) and 32 threads, the new Core i9-13900K provides the best experience for gaming, streaming, and recording. With up to 5.8 GHz and 15% better single-thread performance, it can push high frame rates and allows for unleashed gaming experiences across top titles.
- Continued advances in content creation performance: The 13th Gen Intel Core desktop processor lineup adds more E-cores and up to 41% better multi-threaded performance to handle multiple, compute-intensive workloads to keep people in the creative flow.
- An Unmatched Overclocking Experience: The 13th Gen Intel Core processor offers an unmatched overclocking experience for everyone – from experts to beginners. 13th Gen Intel Core processor users can see higher average overclocking speeds across P-cores, E-cores, and DDR5 memory. Intel also updated its easy 1-click overclocking feature, Intel Speed Optimizer, to support 13th Gen processors so users can overclock with minimal effort. And the robust Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) 3.0 ecosystem provides a wide selection of overclocking modules. When coupled with Intel Dynamic Memory Boost, this feature provides a hassle-free memory overclocking experience with both DDR4 and DDR5.
Rob Bartholomew, chief product officer at Creative Assembly said, “We’ve been working with Intel for over a decade to deliver an incredible Total War experience on Intel CPUs. We’ve optimized Total War: WARHAMMER III for the hybrid 12th Gen architecture, and we’re excited to continue the work with the new 13th Gen Intel Core Processors.”
The 13th Gen Intel Core desktop processors empower users with leading-edge performance and experiences across gaming, content creation, and work, with several new and improved features including:
- Intel Adaptive Boost Technology and Thermal Velocity Boost – opportunistically boosting processor clock frequencies based on power and thermal headroom during a given workload. Available in Intel Core i9 unlocked SKUs.
- More E-cores across Intel Core i5, i7, and i9 – powering a big leap in multi-threaded performance and a better multitasking/mega-tasking experience for users.
- PCIe Gen 5.0 support, with up to sixteen lanes off the processor.
- Increased memory support to DDR5-5600 and DDR5-5200, while maintaining DDR4 compatibility.
- Up to 2x the L2 cache and increased L3 cache.
Alongside the 13th Gen Intel Core desktop processors, Intel is launching the new Intel 700 Series chipset with advanced features for increased reliability and performance. Eight additional PCIe Gen 4.0 lanes combined with PCI Gen 3.0 provide 28 total lanes off the chipset, increased USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 (20 Gbps) ports provide improved USB connectivity speed, and DMI Gen 4.0 increases the chipset-to-CPU throughput for fast access to peripheral devices and networking. Additionally, Intel is bringing forward and backward compatibility. Take advantage of 13th Gen Intel Core processor performance improvements with existing Intel 600 chipset-based motherboards.
13th Gen Intel Core desktop ‘K’ processors and the Intel Z790 chipset will be available starting October 20, 2022, including boxed processors, motherboards, and desktop system sales. Additional details on the rest of the 13th Gen Intel Core processor family will be shared at a later date.
Following the acquisition of Screenovate showcased at CES 2022, Intel is introducing Intel Unison, a software solution that seamlessly connects your PC and devices for a universal, easy-to-use experience across operating systems. Intel Unison’s initial release will deliver a continuous and seamless connectivity experience between the PC and phone, beginning with iOS and Android. Following a simple pairing process, users will be able to:
- File transfer – Save time when transferring files and photos between a PC and Android or iOS device, as well as extend the power of the PC and enjoy the continuity of taking a photo or video on a phone and seamlessly editing on the PC.
- Text message – Send and receive text messages from their PCs to avoid device switching and enjoy the comfort and ease of a full keyboard and monitor.
- Phone calls –With access to their phone’s full contact list, users can make and receive voice calls directly from their PCs.
- Phone notifications –Receive and manage phone notifications from their PC so they can stay connected and maintain control.
Intel Unison will launch on select Intel Evo laptops based on 12th Gen Intel Core processors from Acer, HP, and Lenovo this year, and will scale to 13th Gen Intel Core-based designs starting early next year. Intel Unison will continue to evolve with additional form factors, functionality, and operating systems in the future.
Kingston FURY Releases New Special Edition RGB DDR4
Kingston FURY, the gaming division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a world leader in memory products and technology solutions, announced today it has unleashed a new member of the pack, Kingston FURY Beast DDR4 RGB Special Edition. The white heat spreader with striking RGB lighting makes these modules unique amongst the Kingston FURY line.
Enhance not just the performance of your system but keep it fresh with the library of preset RGB lighting patterns and effects or personalise the settings to create a look that makes your system truly one of a kind with Kingston FURY CTRL software. Along with the patented Infrared Sync Technology, trust your tailored RGB effects stay aligned.
Whether you are gaming, video editing, or anything in between get the most out your system with Kingston FURY Beast DDR4 RGB Special Edition. It is Intel XMP Certified, offering advanced pre-optimised timings, speeds and voltages to overclock with ease by a single selection of one of the built-in profiles. As well as being ready for AMD Ryzen, Kingston FURY Beast DDR4 RGB Special Edition will effortlessly integrate making it a hassle-free upgrade for any Intel or AMD-based system.
“As Kingston sets to enter our 35th year we’re happy to offer this Special Edition of the favorited Kingston FURY Beast line for those who want to update the performance and style of their system,” said Iwona Zalewska, DRAM business manager, Kingston, EMEA. “With speeds of 3200 & 3600MT/s and the bright RGB effects illuminating the unique white heat spreader Kingston FURY Beast DDR4 RGB Special Edition will do just that.”
Kingston FURY Beast DDR4 RGB Special Edition is available in single module capacities of 8GB and 16GB, and kit capacities of 16GB and 32GB.
EVGA Ends Partnership with Nvidia
Graphics card manufacturer EVGA has made a name for itself manufacturing and selling Nvidia’s GeForce GPUs for two decades, including some of the more attractively priced options on the market. But according to the YouTubers at Gamers Nexus, analyst Jon Peddie, and an EVGA forum post, EVGA is officially terminating its relationship with Nvidia and will not be manufacturing cards based on the company’s RTX 4000-series GPUs.
EVGA’s graphics cards have exclusively used Nvidia GPUs since its founding in 1999, and according to Gamers Nexus, GeForce sales represent 80 percent of EVGA’s revenue, making this a momentous and arguably company-endangering change. But EVGA CEO Andrew Han told Gamers Nexus that the decision was about “principle” rather than financials—Han complained about a lack of communication from Nvidia about new products, including information about pricing and availability.
Nvidia’s pricing strategy was apparently another sore point for EVGA. Nvidia’s first-party Founders Edition cards could often undercut the pricing of cards offered by EVGA and other vendors, forcing them to either lower prices or lose sales as a result.
Nvidia may not be entirely at fault here—the wider dynamics of the GPU market are also tough to navigate. As Peddie also points out, even as GPU costs have gone up, profit margins for the board partners that manufacture Nvidia GPUs have gone down. Modern high-end GPUs have massively higher power, cooling, and PCI Express signaling requirements than cards from just a few years ago, making them more expensive to design and manufacture, and reporting about the RTX 4000 series indicates that that trend is only going to continue.
The end of the EVGA-Nvidia relationship could also hurt Nvidia—Peddie says that EVGA represents about 40 percent of Nvidia’s GPU market share in North America—but in the medium term, the company is unlikely to be fazed much. Nvidia has other partners, and despite differences in cooler design and clock speeds, GPUs in the same series tend to perform similarly regardless of which of Nvidia’s partners actually made them. In other words, an RTX 3070 is an RTX 3070, and people who want one are just going to buy one from another company if EVGA’s products aren’t available.
EVGA will continue to sell its other products, including power supplies, though Han told Gamers Nexus that the company doesn’t plan to return to the GPU market at all—not with AMD’s or Intel’s GPUs, and not with future GeForce product generations. Han also said that EVGA would continue to sell cards based on older GeForce GPUs, including the RTX 3000 series until they run out of stock toward the end of 2022. The company will also keep enough inventory of these cards on-hand to fulfill any warranty repairs or replacements for currently supported cards.
Video: HONOR PAD 8 Review in the UAE
HONOR’s much-awaited PAD 8 entertainment tablet is finally available in the UAE. The tablet offers a wide range of features...
Video: Kieslect Smart Calling Watch Kr Review
The Kieslect Smart Calling Watch Kr comes packed with a 2-in-1 core calling chip that allows you to make and...
Review: HONOR PAD 8
HONOR’s much-awaited entertainment PAD 8 tablet is finally available in the UAE. The tablet offers a wide range of features...
Video: Gorenje GS671C60X Freestanding Dishwasher
The Gorenje GS671C60X comes with a wide range of features to make your dishwashing a whole lot easier. This one...
Review: realme Pad
realme as a brand is gaining momentum in the region. The company which started by launching its smartphones and accessories...