Acer has announced support for the latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs across its portfolio of Predator Orion gaming desktops. It also announced more details for the Predator X25, a 360 Hz gaming monitor that features NVIDIA G-SYNC and NVIDIA’s new Reflex Latency Analyzer. The new NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs, the 2nd generation of RTX, features new RT Cores, Tensor Cores and streaming multiprocessors, bringing stunning visuals, amazingly fast frame rates, and AI acceleration to games and creative applications.
Powered by the NVIDIA Ampere architecture, which delivers increases of up to 1.9X performance-per-watt over the previous generation, the RTX 30 Series effortlessly powers graphics experiences at all resolutions, even up to 8K at the top end. The GeForce RTX 3090, 3080, and 3070 represent the greatest GPU generational leap in the history of NVIDIA.
“Acer is excited to be among the first to offer the latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs on desktops with our Predator Orion gaming series,” said Jeff Lee, General Manager, Stationary Computing, IT Products Business, Acer Inc. “For gamers that demand the latest breakthroughs in performance, the Predator desktops with the latest GPUs will support them to game at their best.”
“On the new Predator Orion gaming desktops, our GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs deliver the ultimate performance for gamers,” said Matt Wuebbling, vice president of global GeForce marketing at NVIDIA. “The latest GPUs powered by the NVIDIA Ampere architecture deliver the most realistic ray-traced graphics and cutting-edge AI features, and provide gamers with incredible gaming experiences.”
The Predator Orion line of gaming desktops are designed to stand out from the crowd, a fact apparent at first glance. Each rig is a behemoth defined by sharp, angular features, and the towers’ shale black chassis are accented by a plethora of RGB lighting, customizable with a panel of up to 16.7 million colors1.
Predator Orion 9000
Designed for hardcore gamers and mega-tasking streamers, the Predator Orion 9000 features up to the latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 GPUs and up to an Intel Core i9-10980XE Extreme-Edition processor in order to melt through AAA titles on max settings. The monstrous desktop is equipped with three ARGB-infused Predator FrostBlade fans in order to keep up with this bleeding-edge internals. Boasting an equally bold design designed by angular features, an EMI-shielded tempered glass side panel lets users peek under the hood and puts the rig on full display.
Predator Orion 5000
The Predator Orion 5000 is a powerful desktop for serious gamers who want to enjoy seamless graphics in their favorite games and potentially getting into streaming. The RGB-illuminated tower is home to up to the latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 GPUs and an overclockable 10th Gen Intel Core i9-10900K processor1 for fluid, high-framerate gameplay that is impressive for a mid-sized rig. This powerful internals is supported by strategically placed intake/exhaust fans, CPU liquid cooler and a shrouded PSU (with removable dust filter), Killer E3100G 2.5Gbps Ethernet, and a 2.5-inch SSD/HDD easy-swap bay.
Predator Orion 3000
The Predator Orion 3000 is a gaming-tier desktop packed into an 18-liter tower, making it small enough to fit pretty much everywhere while still bringing the performance necessary to get into the game. The gaming goliath features up to an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU and a 10th Gen Intel Core i7 processor that is supported by a pair of custom-engineered Predator FrostBlade fans, letting users expect high frame rates and low temperatures. All Orion desktops also come with PredatorSense, enabling users to manage their system with a single click and jumpstart their eSports journey.
Predator X25 Monitor
This powerful 24.5-inch 1920×1080 IPS gaming monitor boasts an incredible 360 Hz refresh rate to give players ultra-low latency and the smoothest possible animations. This rate translates into game frames being displayed once every 2.8 milliseconds, offering a significant advantage in competitive shooters where precision counts. This fluidity means it feels great to play on the Predator X25, while 99% coverage of the sRGB spectrum means that games look incredible, too. Featuring the latest NVIDIA G-SYNC technology, this bleeding-edge monitor is packed with everything needed to keep up with NVIDIA’s latest GPUs.
NVIDIA Reflex Latency Analyzer is a revolutionary system latency measurement tool integrated into new Predator X25 360Hz NVIDIA G-SYNC gaming displays arriving this Fall. PC performance for competitive gaming is about responsiveness—how quickly your display updates after mouse clicks or movements. The Reflex Latency Analyzer detects clicks coming from the mouse and then measures the time it takes for the resulting pixels (i.e. a gun muzzle flash) to change on the screen. This type of measurement has been virtually impossible for gamers to do before now, requiring over $7000 in specialized high-speed cameras and equipment. Reflex Latency Analyzer provides a much more complete and accurate understanding of mouse, PC, and display performance. Now with Reflex Latency Analyzer, gamers can start a match with confidence, knowing their system is operating exactly as it should be.
Acer SpatialLabs View Pro 27 Display Elevates Glasses-Free Stereoscopic 3D Experiences
Acer unveiled its largest and most advanced glasses-free stereoscopic 3D display to date, the Acer SpatialLabs View Pro 27. Crafted as a state-of-the-art 3D canvas for creators and developers, the display elevates the way ideas and audiovisual elements take shape without needing specialized glasses or accessories. The device is powered by SpatialLabs’s proven stereoscopic 3D solution and is complimented by the new Acer Immerse Audio system, along with a suite of advanced developer tools to bring out creations in their truest 3D forms. Users can also fully maximize its vast 27-inch 4K panel for magnified, lifelike visuals, while its ergonomic design and detachable hood provide comfortable viewing even under extremely low-light conditions.
The Acer SpatialLabs View Pro 27 harmoniously combines cutting-edge 3D technology and stereo real-time rendering capabilities in an expanded landscape to support creators in bringing 3D experiences to life. The optimized 3D display uses an eye-tracking module to follow the position and movement of users in real time even in dim environments. Crystal-clear details and image depth are projected as envisioned thanks to its 27-inch 4K UHD display with 2D and 3D modes, allowing users to switch between 2D and 3D stereoscopic views, along with the panel’s 160 Hz refresh rate, 400 nits brightness, Delta E< 2 colour accuracy. A detachable hood on the monitor enhances perceived colour accuracy and lessens distractions, helping users stay focused and maintain image quality when viewing their designs on the screen.
Further upscaling Acer’s pioneer 3D developments, the Acer SpatialLabs View Pro 27 introduces the new Acer Immerse Audio system for an enveloping virtual headphone experience unlike any other. The AI-powered sound innovation uses beamforming directional acoustic signal transmissions and head-tracking mechanisms to produce spatial audio projected from two upward-facing 2.5-watt speakers. Whether it is presenting lively displays and content with spatial audio within a museum or showroom environment, a spherical zone of fine-tuned sounds combined with SpatialLabs’ visual technology instantly craft a completely immersive 3D experience that resonates with every detail, movement, and emotion.
The Acer SpatialLabs View Pro 27 has more to it than meets the eye. Aside from presenting impeccable 3D displays, the SpatialLabs Experience Center Pro comes with the devices, providing designers with ready-to-use applications such as SpatialLabs Model Viewer, and add-ons for design software that assist in accelerating workflows and producing quality 3D content. Compatibility with renowned rendering engines like Unreal and Unity lets developers across a wide range of industries and expertise easily craft and present designs on SpatialLabs Pro devices. The Acer Steam VR bridge benefits VR and XR developers by transforming their creations into high-resolution, glasses-free 3D visuals. Combined with Acer’s OpenXR-compliant runtime, the displays seamlessly deliver stereoscopic images on compatible applications.
The display’s flexible design frame adds to the device’s versatility as it is tailored to fit in any workplace or setup. Sporting an ErgoStand design with VESA mount compatibility, the display’s tilt, swivel, pivot, and height can be adjusted to find the best viewing angle for any function and application. A string of vital connectivity ports such as HDMI 2.1, USB Type-C, DP 2.0 and dual USB Type-A are also available with the device.
The Acer SpatialLabs View Pro 27 (ASV27-2P) will be available in Q1 in 2024.
Acer’s ebii E-bike and Computer Products Honoured in 2023 Good Design Awards
A mix of Acer products received the 2023 Good Design Awards, headlined by its sustainability-focused products in the Acer ebii e-bike and several devices from the eco-conscious Vero line which include monitors, a set of peripherals, and an energy-saving projector. Awards were also handed to the Acer TravelMate P6 14 business laptop, Predator Triton 17 X gaming laptop, Acer Aspire S Series all-in-one desktop, Acer Revo Box mini-PC, and the Acer Connect Enduro M3 Mobile Wi-Fi. This year’s list of winning products highlights the company’s design innovation in serving multiple segments and lifestyles.
Since 1957, the Good Design Awards from Japan has sought to recognize companies and creators who develop “empowering designs” that bring about social contributions and push the boundaries of design possibilities. This year’s entries were assessed by a jury of experts based on the criteria of human, industrial, social, and time perspectives. The chosen winners have embodied this year’s theme of “design and outcomes”, emphasizing the creators’ diverse perspectives and growing awareness of various issues through their ideas and the actions done for their works to take shape.
Acer’s Good Design Award 2023 Winners
- Acer ebii e-Bike: Designed to provide urban commuters with a convenient, safe, and greener transportation option, the Acer ebii e-bike leverages AI-driven technology that adapts to power usage, riding conditions, and user preferences for effortless riding. Its long-lasting, swappable, and portable battery can be fast charged up to 100% power in just 2.5 hours to support worry-free journeys throughout the day. It also features a sturdy aluminium alloy frame and single-fork design, marked by smooth edges and a white matte finish, giving the Acer ebii’s clean and modern appearance. The ebike’s airless tires made from closed-loop recyclable materials are also flat-free and help minimize carbon footprint in the environment.
- Acer Vero B277U D3 Monitor: Made ideal for professional workers and teleconferencing, it showcases a WQHD resolution, AI noise-cancelling capabilities, a 5M-IR webcam, and a range of colour-enhancing technologies. To further uplift viewing experiences, the Acer Vero B277U D3 monitor’s flexible ErgoStand design lets users adjust tilt, swivel, pivot, and height with ease and is equipped with eye protection features such as Acer VisionCare 2.0 and TÜV/EyeSafe certification. The eco-display is also made with 85% post-consumer recycled (PCR) materials and 5% ocean-bound plastic (OBP), is shipped with 100% recyclable packaging, and comes with loads of energy-efficient certifications such as TCO and ENERGY STAR, and EPEAT registration.
- Acer Vero B278K Monitor: To further support the growing needs of business and the remote work culture, the Acer Vero B278K commercial monitor features a 4K UHD display, built-in 5M-IR webcam and microphone that can detect multiple voices all at once, and a docking display to help minimize the need for external devices and workspace clutter. Providing added protection and flexibility for users, the monitor is equipped with Acer’s Vision Care 3.0 which helps reduce eye strain, multi-stream technology with ZeroFrame design, and daisy chain feature allowing it to connect multiple monitors side-by-side for extended viewing. The Acer Vero B278K monitor also utilizes recycled materials in its components and packaging and has earned its own share of eco-friendly certifications.
- Acer Vero XL2530 Projector: The Acer Vero XL2530 projector is great for environment-conscious consumers looking for a high-performance, yet low-maintenance projection solution. Its mercury-free light source does not require any replacements and offers up to a 30,000-hour lifespan from its high-efficiency laser light technology. With an IP6X protection-rated optical engine and 360-degree projection capabilities, the Acer Vero XL2530 gives added flexibility for various purposes within different environments. The projector’s space-saving exterior is also composed of 50% PCR plastic and 100% recyclable paper packaging, ultimately reducing overall cost and environmental impact.
- Acer Vero Peripherals Combo Set: A set of sustainable wireless peripherals composed of a keyboard and mouse, the devices are constructed from 65% PCR plastic and include OBP components, presenting an attractive earthy look and feel while leaving a lighter touch on the environment. Professionals and everyday users can maximise the keyboard’s silent switches when typing and the mouse’s 10-meter operating range, making it easy to work from any location or surrounding. What sets it apart is that they are made with one of the highest percentages of recycled plastics in the industry, combining practicality, sustainability, and ergonomic product designs in these eco-conscious devices.
- Acer TravelMate P6 14 Laptop: Users can enjoy elevated viewing experiences on the business laptop’s large 2.8K OLED display with 100% DCI-P3 colour space coverage. The thin-and-light device is packed with an FHD IR webcam, upward-facing speakers, and Acer’s AI-powered technology specialized for high-quality videoconferencing. Workers stay connected to fast internet speeds with Wi-Fi 6E and 5G wireless connectivity and a 65 W fast-charging battery. The secure-cored PC protects sensitive data with security features such as IR facial recognition, fingerprint scanning, user sensing technology, and Privacy Panel. The TravelMate P6 14 also keeps sustainability in mind as it incorporates PCR and OBP plastic, uses 100% recyclable packaging, and comes with military-grade durability, EPEAT registration, and TCO certification.
- Predator Triton 17 X Gaming Laptop: A 17-inch gaming laptop tailored for hardcore gamers and content creators who value performance, durability, reliability, and aesthetics all in one device. Its metal CNC unibody chassis is crafted to maintain a sleek and sophisticated look while housing an advanced cooling system with Acer’s 5th Gen Aeroblade 3D fans, vapour chamber, Vortex flow technology, and liquid metal thermal grease on the CPU. The laptop features a large WQXGA mini-LED display with a 250 Hz refresh rate and meets DisplayHDR requirements to offer wider viewing angles, higher resolutions, and improved multi-tasking capabilities. The Predator Triton 17 X’s screen is also Eyesafe Certified to help minimize blue light exposure when gaming or creating.
- Acer Aspire S All-in-one Desktop PC: Crafted to enhance everyday productivity and minimize workspace clutter with its slim and modern aluminium body design. Users can enjoy brilliant images when working or browsing on the Acer Aspire S AIO’s near-borderless WQHD IPS ergonomic display, with surround sound audio capabilities for truly immersive viewing. The addition of a magnetically mounted 1440p QHD webcam with ring light helps capture the best images and videos, while the options for an active stylus pen and detachable OceanGlass touchpad, made from ocean-bound plastic, further support user experiences and Acer’s mission of minimizing its carbon footprint within its product portfolio.
- Acer Revo Box Mini PC: The Acer Revo has been revamped to deliver upgraded performance in a more compact and versatile form factor. The mini-PC’s design allows it to be easily set up with an option for Acer’s patented rotatable VESA mount and adapter holder, helping save valuable desk space within homes or office work setups. Powered by the latest processors and large memory storage, the Acer Revo Box is capable of handling demanding applications with ease and possesses multiple display support (up to 3) along with a wide range of port options for added convenience.
- Acer Connect Enduro M3: The mobile hotspot device’s rugged yet sleek exterior features elevated lines on the chassis for added grip and is made from high-grade materials that conform with military-grade standards and IP54 protection rating, making it the perfect connectivity companion to stay online no matter the location or environment. The intuitive touchscreen shows simplified menu options and a QR code that makes it easier to set up hotspot connections. With vSim technology embedded, users can connect to over 200 5G network carriers across 135+ countries around the world without the need for any SIM card. It also carries a high-capacity 6500 mAh battery that can double as a power bank, making it a handy mobile device for fast internet and portable charging.
Samsung Intros the new Odyssey Neo G9 Gaming Monitor in the UAE
Samsung Gulf Electronics has announced the launch of the newest addition to its Odyssey monitor series, the Odyssey Neo G9 57″, extending its monitor performance leadership in the region. As a part of the launch offer, customers purchasing the new monitor from samsung.com can avail 15x Samsung Rewards.
The Odyssey Neo G9 monitor, bestowed with the Best of Innovation Award at CES 2023, redefines the future of gaming monitors. It is designed to deliver groundbreaking visual experiences for gamers looking to enhance performance and sharpen their competitive edge. It is also a Dual Ultra-High-Definition (DUHD) screen and features a suite of high-speed connectivity options.
Wesam Abu Saymeh, Head of Display Solutions Group, Samsung Electronics Middle East and North Africa, said: “Samsung designed the Odyssey series to empower even the most demanding gaming audience. Now the power of the Odyssey Neo G9 57″ is available to the UAE gaming community. The launch demonstrates our dedication to the region and the industry’s biggest trends while enhancing the gaming experience of its growing and enthusiastic gaming fans.”
The 1000R curvature in the 57-inches 32:9 screen is as wide as two 32″ UHD monitors, wrapping around users with pin-sharp images and a wide field of view, immersing them in their games like never before. Quantum Matrix Technology powers Samsung’s Quantum Mini LED lighting in the screen, which offers smaller, more discrete dimming zones. The result is a better distinction between light and dark areas of the screen, with sharp contrast and less blooming.
The gaming performance matches the level of visual quality to help gamers meet their full potential. The 240 hertz (Hz) refresh rate and 1ms grey-to-grey (GTG) response time delivers less blur and minimised ghosting, allowing gamers to enjoy a smooth gaming experience. Plus, AMD FreeSync Premium Pro syncs the screen for a stable, lag-free picture.
With such a wide, high-definition screen and a generation-defining new input, gamers can use the Odyssey Neo G9 57″ in place of multiple monitors, keeping their desks clean from clutter while creating a comfortable multitasking single-screen environment.
The Odyssey Neo G9 57″ offers VESA-certified DisplayPort (DP) 2.1 connectivity, facilitating smooth gaming, efficient video playback and the Neo G9’s DUHD resolution of up to 240Hz. In addition to DP2.1, the Odyssey Neo G9 57″ also offers HDMI 2.1 and a USB hub, so gamers can hook up all their devices and elevate their game with less mess.
Review: SONOS Move 2
In the ever-evolving landscape of audio technology, SONOS has consistently been a name synonymous with quality and innovation. The SONOS...
Review: GameSir T4 Cyclone Pro Midnight Wireless Controller
The gaming peripherals market is inundated with a plethora of controllers, each vying for attention with unique features and design...
Review: Huawei MatePad 11-inch PaperMatte Edition
Huawei has long been a prominent player in the tech industry, consistently pushing the boundaries of innovation. The Huawei MatePad...
Review: Lexar Jumpdrive Fingerprint F35
In the fast-paced world of data storage, security is paramount. Lexar, a well-known player in the storage solutions market, has...
Review: Corsair MP700 Pro PCIe Gen5 X4 NVMe M.2 SSD with Cooler
Corsair has launched the new MP700 Pro PCIe Gen5 X4 NVMe M.2 SSD with a Cooler that stands out as...