Unitsky String Technologies Inc. (UST), the Belarusian-based eco-friendly, safe, and comfortable transport solutions specialised, has completed the first stage of the uSky freight and passenger elevated string rail transport system for use in global logistics at its test facility in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates. Marking uSky’s first commercial project launch, the company has set plans to increase its portfolio to 10 projects by the end of 2022. The first commercial uSky project will now transit from the “innovation” and “venture capital” stages to the “investment business” stage. In parallel, Unitsky will continue testing the sustainable transport solution prior to widespread deployment next year.
“This is a key milestone in our development,” said Anatoli Unitsky, Founder of Unitsky String Technologies and uSky Transport. “By leveraging our cutting-edge, proprietary technology, we are demonstrating the agility, versatility and capabilities that our cost-efficient, elevated string rail technology can bring to destinations. Tailored to support both cargo and passenger logistics, uSky delivers high speeds and performance of transportation (up to 150 km/h and up to 50,000 passengers per hour) and can be established at a fraction of the cost to other solutions with a minimal ecological impact.”
Investment in the design, construction, and certification of uSky’s urban transport and freight facilities in the UAE has already totalled more than US$14 million.
Stage 1. Urban freight and passenger complexes
The first elevated string rail transport project implemented in the MENA region includes both passenger and freight transport options. The rolling stock includes unmanned electric rail vehicles – uCar passenger modules and uCont freight modules – designed to travel on a suspended string rail overpass at speeds of up to 150 km/h off the ground.
The first line of the uSky complex could be expanded in its current location at the Sharjah Research Technology and Innovation Park (SRTIP) to connect the technology park’s network of training buildings. uSky’s transport solutions are certified for transport infrastructure safety by TUV SW (Standardisation Certification), a provider of services in the area of certification, as well as quality, security and sustainability solutions.
Stage 2. uSky’s technology platform and high-speed intercity transport
The second stage is the deployment of a dedicated technology platform for the piloting and certification of the high-speed uSky line, in which rail electric vehicles will be capable of reaching speeds of up to 500 kilometres per hour (up to 600 km/h in the future). At Expo 2020 Dubai, the Unitsky String Technologies is presenting a ready-made hosting solution to participating countries, as well as companies operating in the transport and infrastructure, energy, information, development, agribusiness and other associated and related industries for export to all countries of the world.
Parameters for the deployment of the high-speed uSky technology platform are as follows:
- The required investment for the construction of a high-speed transport (up to 500 km/h) complex for research, demonstration and certification purposes – US$230 million. The length of the test string-rail overpass is from 20 km, while the required land area starts at 100 hectares;
- The investment needed to fully deploy the technology platform with all transport infrastructure and other associated and related technologies equates to US$580 million. The area of the additional land plot is 50+ hectares;
- The term for the construction and certification of the uSky high-speed transport complex (from the start of full-scale financing of the project) is two years;
- The term in which the technology platform will be fully established (from the start of full project financing) is three years;
- The speed of intercity high-speed rail electric vehicles in passenger, freight and cargo-passenger versions, the construction of a pilot site for which is envisaged by the technology platform is 500 km/h. Eventually, the speed will be increased to 600 km/h (using a test track with length of 30 km or more).
- More than 100 research and development activities and related technologies are to be developed within the proposed innovation techno-hub. These include intelligent control systems, coding and high-speed packet data transfer systems, machine vision and machine diagnostics systems, power supply and communication systems, passenger safety and behaviour monitoring systems, dynamics and aerodynamics of high-speed overhead string-rail transport and many more.
With strong demand for urban freight and high-speed intercity transport and infrastructure solutions in various countries around the world, uSky has already received government-level interest for the deployment of the high-speed uSky technology platform in their territory. In addition to the provision of the necessary land and investment capital, further deployment factors include:
- High land costs: uSky takes up an order of magnitude less land for development and reduces construction and operating costs by several times compared to traditional transport solutions. In some versions, the distance between supports can be up to 3 kilometres or more, allowing large obstacles – rivers, lakes, gorges, connecting islands and mountain tops to be crossed in a single span;
- High population density and congestion on existing road infrastructure: uSky solutions avoid large crowds of people in a limited space while allowing high citizen mobility, with passenger volumes capable of reaching up to 50,000 passengers per hour
The company says that it is ready to come to any country interested in implementing a project and developing innovative transport solutions in its territory.
Nothing Apparel Drop 1 Announced
Nothing, the London-based consumer tech brand, has announced the first of several Limited Drops for its inaugural Apparel collection. The first two pieces will be available to purchase on nothing.tech from 11:00 GMT on Thursday 7 December and at Nothing Store Soho.
GCC customers can get their hands on the Limited First Drop exclusively at the Nothing Pop-up in Soledxb festival, from 8-10 December and from 11th December onwards at FRAME Boutique till stock last. An ode to the 1970s IBM factory floor, the Labcoat embodies Nothing’s founding design principle: transparency.
Product details below:
- Regular fit and thigh length
- Multiple pockets with zip closures
- Back bottom hem vent for mobility
- Right chest pocket with multiple compartments and zip closure
- Inside adjustable waist with drawstring
- Hanger loop at back neck
- YKK Natulon zippers made from recycled materials including PET bottles. Yarn used in the tape is made from 99% post-consumer recycled material.
- Global Recycled Standard (GRS)
- 100% biodegradable plant-based packaging
To top things off, there is the Transparent Cap (one size) that pairs effortlessly with Nothing’s Transparent Labcoat (available in small, medium, large, and extra-large sizes). Conceptualised with teenage engineering, Nothing Apparel is focused on quality-driven wardrobe staples designed to withstand the test of time, featuring a line of caps, coats, tracksuits and more.
The Transparent Cap will be sold at AED 149 and the Transparent Labcoat at AED 699. Further Apparel drops will be announced in 2024. Apparel will be available in all current markets where Nothing sells directly to consumers on nothing.tech.
Monkey Distribution to Open More Funko Stores in the Region
Monkey Distribution, the official franchise operator for Funko in the United Arab Emirates, has unveiled plans for an extensive retail expansion in the region. Set to launch in December, two new Funko stores will join the thriving retail landscape, building on the success of Monkey Distribution’s inaugural Funko franchise at Dubai Hills Mall last year.
The upcoming locations are poised to offer a diverse product range encompassing various categories within the expansive Funko universe. From a plethora of collectables to trendy Loungefly fashion accessories, games, toys, and more, consumers can anticipate a vibrant pop culture experience.
The first of the two new Funko stores will make its debut within Dubai Mall, situated on the second floor, starting December 1, 2023. Known as the world’s largest destination for shopping, entertainment, and leisure, Dubai Mall provides a fitting backdrop for Funko enthusiasts to immerse themselves in the brand’s captivating offerings. Subsequently, on December 15, 2023, Abu Dhabi will witness the opening of another Funko store within Reem Mall, also on the second floor.
Funko’s Chief Commercial Officer, Andy Oddie said, “We are excited to announce the opening of our new partnership stores as we increase our footprint in the United Arab Emirates region this December. The expansion is a testament to the demand for our unique pop culture products and reflects our commitment to providing our global fanbase with regional retail experiences.”
The eagerly awaited Funko store in Dubai Mall is set to offer an exclusive 96-square-meter retail experience for shoppers, while the Funko destination in Reem Mall will provide a 94-square-meter immersive world for customers. These new locations are poised to serve as vibrant and captivating portals into the expansive universe of a globally renowned entertainment and lifestyle brand.
CORSAIR Launches its Versatile Modular Desk Called Platform:6
During Gamescom, Corsair unveiled the Platform:6, marking their debut in the gaming desk arena. Boasting height adjustability and a plethora of modular add-ons to cater to your current and future gaming setup requirements, the Platform:6 is now primed for its official release.
This expansive desk, the Platform:6, offers the choice of an optional motor for altering its height, granting you the flexibility to sit or stand as you desire.
Corsair has meticulously engineered it to seamlessly accommodate its entire product range, spanning from peripherals to Elgato accessories, thereby enabling a complete streaming setup, complete with lighting solutions.
The Platform:6 caters to a wide array of modern lifestyles, whether you’re a dedicated PC gamer or a remote worker seeking an organized workspace within the confines of your home.
This desk spans a substantial six feet in width and can be shipped in various configurations, allowing buyers to select their preferred surface material and make enhancements, such as adding an expandable rail system or incorporating the Elgato Multi Frame to house all their streaming equipment.
Desk extension kits and sideboards are also available for purchase, allowing you to expand your desk’s size if you discover the need for more space. Corsair additionally offers power strips and cable boxes to help you neatly organize your wires and maintain a clean and orderly setup.
For those interested, the Platform:6, along with its assortment of accessories and extensions, can now be found on the Corsair webstore.
Review: SONOS Move 2
In the ever-evolving landscape of audio technology, SONOS has consistently been a name synonymous with quality and innovation. The SONOS...
Review: GameSir T4 Cyclone Pro Midnight Wireless Controller
The gaming peripherals market is inundated with a plethora of controllers, each vying for attention with unique features and design...
Review: Huawei MatePad 11-inch PaperMatte Edition
Huawei has long been a prominent player in the tech industry, consistently pushing the boundaries of innovation. The Huawei MatePad...
Review: Lexar Jumpdrive Fingerprint F35
In the fast-paced world of data storage, security is paramount. Lexar, a well-known player in the storage solutions market, has...
Review: Corsair MP700 Pro PCIe Gen5 X4 NVMe M.2 SSD with Cooler
Corsair has launched the new MP700 Pro PCIe Gen5 X4 NVMe M.2 SSD with a Cooler that stands out as...