Today at MWC, Lenovo announced the latest additions to its ThinkPad and ThinkVision portfolios. The latest ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 5, powered by up to the latest Intel vPro with 12th Gen Intel Core i9 H-series processors running Windows 11 Pro and available with the latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX Laptop GPUs, up to 64GB DDR5 memory, and optional dual Solid-State Drives (SSD) supporting up to a massive 8TB, takes performance to a whole new level for the most demanding tasks. X1 Extreme Gen 5 also now includes Dolby Voice with AI noise cancellation and an optional WQXGA 165Hz refresh rate display with low blue light for meticulous content creators.
Lenovo is also introducing several updates to its ThinkPad T series portfolio to address the productivity and collaboration needs of a widely diversified workforce. The broad move to 16:10 aspect ratio displays with low blue light technology1 with FHD camera options combined with Dolby Audio speaker system and Dolby Voice enhance the collaboration experience, boosted by more stable connectivity thanks to Wi-Fi 6E and enhanced WWAN choices.
These innovations come after Lenovo has been recognized once again as one of the world’s most sustainable companies by Corporate Knights. By 2025, Lenovo aims to obtain 90% of electricity for global operations from renewable sources and remove one million tons of greenhouse gas emissions from the supply chain. Lenovo also remains focused on reducing its impact on the environment by including Post-Consumer Content (PCC) recycled plastic materials in the speaker enclosure, battery brackets, and AC adaptors in today’s ThinkPad announcements. Likewise, these ThinkPad laptops include 90 percent recycled and/or sustainable packaging5 and are ENERGY STAR certified and EPEAT registered for meeting energy saving and environmental standards.
Hybrid working environments need flexible and mobile workspaces. Increasing screen time adds pressure to an already overloaded display real estate. Enter the all-new ThinkVision M14d mobile USB-C monitor weighing less than 600 grams offers a super narrow bezel 14-inch 16:10 aspect ratio display with high resolution (2240 x 1400) that supports a 100% sRGB wide color gamut for greater visual fidelity. Natural low blue light technology helps eye care and a simple one cable connection to extend screen space makes it easy to work through complex workflows and collaborate with customers or colleagues.
The ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 5 is a performance powerhouse designed to delight all users who pursue supreme power for demanding work and high-definition entertainment. The fifth-generation takes all that is good in the X1 Extreme platform and produces the most powerful ThinkPad X1 ever.
New features include:
- New 165Hz refresh rate 16-inch 16:10 aspect ratio display option with low blue light technology. Other display options7 offer up to 600 nit brightness with 4K resolution, factory color calibration, Dolby Vision HDR for ultra-vivid image quality, and feature low blue light technology. Touch and pen input are optional features on select panels.
- 12th Gen Intel Core H-series processors up to i9 and optional Intel vPro technology
- New High-performance mobile graphics options are delivered courtesy of NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti with 16GB GDDR6. Other options include NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti, RTX 3060 or RTX 3070 Ti Laptop GPUs.
- Integrated liquid metal thermal paste for both CPU and GPU and vapor chamber cooling can provide up to 10% performance boost8 through better thermal efficiency, and helps enable 110W TDP.
- X1 Extreme Gen 5 can be configured with fast DDR5 4800Mhz memory up to 64GB and two 4TB M.2 PCIe Gen 4 SSDs and a large capacity 90Wh (Watt hour) battery.
- SD Express 7.0 card reader to support the latest ultra-fast SDXC memory cards.
- Dolby Voice with its latest noise-canceling technology is added to the Dolby-powered solutions that include standard Dolby Atmos speaker system and optional Dolby Vision on select displays.
- ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 5, like all ThinkPad X1 models, is ready to support Tile’s full suite of finding features, so users can locate their PC up to 14 days, even when it’s shut down
ThinkPad P14s Gen 3 and P16s Gen 1, Lenovo’s most mobile workstations, offer a mix of power and performance for professional users on the go. Built with the latest Intel Core processors and NVIDIA T550 professional graphics, both workstations are ISV-certified and ideally suited to power applications such as AutoCAD, Revit, SolidWorks, and more. These mobile machines also ensure reliability and durability with the ThinkShield security suite and MIL-SPEC testing that highly mobile power users need.
Both models also offer improved usability features including a wider touchpad, all-day battery capacity, an upgraded FHD webcam, blue light reduction, and X-Rite factory color calibration for true-to-life color accuracy. New to Lenovo’s mobile workstation portfolio, the ThinkPad P16s Gen 1 redefines power and portability with a thin and light 16-inch chassis. This new form factor, like all ThinkPad P series, is designed with engineers, architects, and students in mind, and has a 16:10 aspect ratio display that delivers increased screen space for viewing and creating with extreme clarity. Both workstations will be available in black or an aluminum storm grey cover.
ThinkPad T series, first introduced in 2000 and Lenovo’s most successful business laptop, has long been the workhorse of the portfolio designed to meet the needs of a broad range of business users. Today, Lenovo is also introducing a new ThinkPad T16 along with updated ThinkPad T14s Gen 3 and T14 Gen 3. Available with either the latest 12th Gen Intel Core processors with optional Intel vPro technology or the latest AMD Ryzen PRO 6000 Series processors for mobile with the Microsoft Pluton security processor, all running up to Windows 11 Pro.
New features at a glance include:
- New 14-inch and 16-inch 16:10 aspect ratio display options surrounded by a four-sided narrow bezel design. A wide variety of display options vary by model and can offer up to 500 nit brightness with 4K resolution, Dolby Vision HDR support, and some feature low blue light technology. A 2.8K OLED option is available on ThinkPad T14s. Touch capability is also optional on select panels.
- Mobile graphics are delivered courtesy of integrated AMD Radeon 600M graphics on AMD models, or up to Intel Iris Xe graphics with optional NVIDIA MX 550 or RTX 2050 discrete graphics on Intel models.
- Wi-Fi 6E and optional Cat16 4G Wireless WAN offer fast and reliable connection at home, in the office, or somewhere in between.
- ThinkPad T14 and T16 are offered with two battery options. On T14 a 39.3Wh option for people who seek a device (0.23kg) lighter than the previous generation for easier mobility, and a 52.5Wh option for those wanting more battery life. On T16, bigger battery options are available with 52.5Wh and 86Wh.
- The new 16:10 aspect ratio designs integrate an optional FHD or FHD Infrared camera for improved video conferencing quality with a physical privacy shutter. Radar-based human presence detection is available on T14s with the IR camera.
- ThinkPad T14 will be first to market with a new software-only human presence detection solution using ultrasound sensor technology delivered by Elliptic Labs’ AI Virtual Smart Sensor Platform
- A larger 115mm touchpad for improved usability for touchpad users.
- As with the X1 Extreme Gen 5, Dolby Voice with its latest noise canceling technology is added to the Dolby-powered solutions that include a standard Dolby Audio speaker system and optional Dolby Vision on select displays.
- Like all X1 models, ThinkPad T series with 12th Gen Intel Core processors and Intel WLAN are ready to support Tile’s full suite of finding features, so users can locate their PC up to 14 days, even when it’s shut down10
- Security is of paramount importance with hybrid working. The fingerprint reader is integrated into the power button for the easier sign-on through Windows Hello and all models are Windows Secured-core PCs.
An excellent companion to any ThinkPad is the new ThinkVision M14d mobile USB-C monitor. Weighing less than 1.3 pounds (600 grams)2, the M14d with its 14-inch IPS 2.2K display delivers extra viewing space with an increasingly common 16:10 aspect ratio and is easily connected via a USB Type-C cable which can also offer power pass-through for an elegant one cable solution12.
With the two USB-C ports supporting data transfer, the M14d can act as a USB hub allowing the connection of supported peripherals such as external storage or a smartphone to the unused port. Whether adding a convenient second display in a home office or comfortably sharing content with others in meeting spaces, ThinkVision M14d is designed for extended use thanks to an ergonomic height adjustment stand up to 11mm and features natural low blue light technology to reduce eye strain. What’s more, it comes with a protective sleeve so it can conveniently slip into a carry case with a laptop.
Acer SpatialLabs View Pro 27 Display Elevates Glasses-Free Stereoscopic 3D Experiences
Acer unveiled its largest and most advanced glasses-free stereoscopic 3D display to date, the Acer SpatialLabs View Pro 27. Crafted as a state-of-the-art 3D canvas for creators and developers, the display elevates the way ideas and audiovisual elements take shape without needing specialized glasses or accessories. The device is powered by SpatialLabs’s proven stereoscopic 3D solution and is complimented by the new Acer Immerse Audio system, along with a suite of advanced developer tools to bring out creations in their truest 3D forms. Users can also fully maximize its vast 27-inch 4K panel for magnified, lifelike visuals, while its ergonomic design and detachable hood provide comfortable viewing even under extremely low-light conditions.
The Acer SpatialLabs View Pro 27 harmoniously combines cutting-edge 3D technology and stereo real-time rendering capabilities in an expanded landscape to support creators in bringing 3D experiences to life. The optimized 3D display uses an eye-tracking module to follow the position and movement of users in real time even in dim environments. Crystal-clear details and image depth are projected as envisioned thanks to its 27-inch 4K UHD display with 2D and 3D modes, allowing users to switch between 2D and 3D stereoscopic views, along with the panel’s 160 Hz refresh rate, 400 nits brightness, Delta E< 2 colour accuracy. A detachable hood on the monitor enhances perceived colour accuracy and lessens distractions, helping users stay focused and maintain image quality when viewing their designs on the screen.
Further upscaling Acer’s pioneer 3D developments, the Acer SpatialLabs View Pro 27 introduces the new Acer Immerse Audio system for an enveloping virtual headphone experience unlike any other. The AI-powered sound innovation uses beamforming directional acoustic signal transmissions and head-tracking mechanisms to produce spatial audio projected from two upward-facing 2.5-watt speakers. Whether it is presenting lively displays and content with spatial audio within a museum or showroom environment, a spherical zone of fine-tuned sounds combined with SpatialLabs’ visual technology instantly craft a completely immersive 3D experience that resonates with every detail, movement, and emotion.
The Acer SpatialLabs View Pro 27 has more to it than meets the eye. Aside from presenting impeccable 3D displays, the SpatialLabs Experience Center Pro comes with the devices, providing designers with ready-to-use applications such as SpatialLabs Model Viewer, and add-ons for design software that assist in accelerating workflows and producing quality 3D content. Compatibility with renowned rendering engines like Unreal and Unity lets developers across a wide range of industries and expertise easily craft and present designs on SpatialLabs Pro devices. The Acer Steam VR bridge benefits VR and XR developers by transforming their creations into high-resolution, glasses-free 3D visuals. Combined with Acer’s OpenXR-compliant runtime, the displays seamlessly deliver stereoscopic images on compatible applications.
The display’s flexible design frame adds to the device’s versatility as it is tailored to fit in any workplace or setup. Sporting an ErgoStand design with VESA mount compatibility, the display’s tilt, swivel, pivot, and height can be adjusted to find the best viewing angle for any function and application. A string of vital connectivity ports such as HDMI 2.1, USB Type-C, DP 2.0 and dual USB Type-A are also available with the device.
The Acer SpatialLabs View Pro 27 (ASV27-2P) will be available in Q1 in 2024.
Acer’s ebii E-bike and Computer Products Honoured in 2023 Good Design Awards
A mix of Acer products received the 2023 Good Design Awards, headlined by its sustainability-focused products in the Acer ebii e-bike and several devices from the eco-conscious Vero line which include monitors, a set of peripherals, and an energy-saving projector. Awards were also handed to the Acer TravelMate P6 14 business laptop, Predator Triton 17 X gaming laptop, Acer Aspire S Series all-in-one desktop, Acer Revo Box mini-PC, and the Acer Connect Enduro M3 Mobile Wi-Fi. This year’s list of winning products highlights the company’s design innovation in serving multiple segments and lifestyles.
Since 1957, the Good Design Awards from Japan has sought to recognize companies and creators who develop “empowering designs” that bring about social contributions and push the boundaries of design possibilities. This year’s entries were assessed by a jury of experts based on the criteria of human, industrial, social, and time perspectives. The chosen winners have embodied this year’s theme of “design and outcomes”, emphasizing the creators’ diverse perspectives and growing awareness of various issues through their ideas and the actions done for their works to take shape.
Acer’s Good Design Award 2023 Winners
- Acer ebii e-Bike: Designed to provide urban commuters with a convenient, safe, and greener transportation option, the Acer ebii e-bike leverages AI-driven technology that adapts to power usage, riding conditions, and user preferences for effortless riding. Its long-lasting, swappable, and portable battery can be fast charged up to 100% power in just 2.5 hours to support worry-free journeys throughout the day. It also features a sturdy aluminium alloy frame and single-fork design, marked by smooth edges and a white matte finish, giving the Acer ebii’s clean and modern appearance. The ebike’s airless tires made from closed-loop recyclable materials are also flat-free and help minimize carbon footprint in the environment.
- Acer Vero B277U D3 Monitor: Made ideal for professional workers and teleconferencing, it showcases a WQHD resolution, AI noise-cancelling capabilities, a 5M-IR webcam, and a range of colour-enhancing technologies. To further uplift viewing experiences, the Acer Vero B277U D3 monitor’s flexible ErgoStand design lets users adjust tilt, swivel, pivot, and height with ease and is equipped with eye protection features such as Acer VisionCare 2.0 and TÜV/EyeSafe certification. The eco-display is also made with 85% post-consumer recycled (PCR) materials and 5% ocean-bound plastic (OBP), is shipped with 100% recyclable packaging, and comes with loads of energy-efficient certifications such as TCO and ENERGY STAR, and EPEAT registration.
- Acer Vero B278K Monitor: To further support the growing needs of business and the remote work culture, the Acer Vero B278K commercial monitor features a 4K UHD display, built-in 5M-IR webcam and microphone that can detect multiple voices all at once, and a docking display to help minimize the need for external devices and workspace clutter. Providing added protection and flexibility for users, the monitor is equipped with Acer’s Vision Care 3.0 which helps reduce eye strain, multi-stream technology with ZeroFrame design, and daisy chain feature allowing it to connect multiple monitors side-by-side for extended viewing. The Acer Vero B278K monitor also utilizes recycled materials in its components and packaging and has earned its own share of eco-friendly certifications.
- Acer Vero XL2530 Projector: The Acer Vero XL2530 projector is great for environment-conscious consumers looking for a high-performance, yet low-maintenance projection solution. Its mercury-free light source does not require any replacements and offers up to a 30,000-hour lifespan from its high-efficiency laser light technology. With an IP6X protection-rated optical engine and 360-degree projection capabilities, the Acer Vero XL2530 gives added flexibility for various purposes within different environments. The projector’s space-saving exterior is also composed of 50% PCR plastic and 100% recyclable paper packaging, ultimately reducing overall cost and environmental impact.
- Acer Vero Peripherals Combo Set: A set of sustainable wireless peripherals composed of a keyboard and mouse, the devices are constructed from 65% PCR plastic and include OBP components, presenting an attractive earthy look and feel while leaving a lighter touch on the environment. Professionals and everyday users can maximise the keyboard’s silent switches when typing and the mouse’s 10-meter operating range, making it easy to work from any location or surrounding. What sets it apart is that they are made with one of the highest percentages of recycled plastics in the industry, combining practicality, sustainability, and ergonomic product designs in these eco-conscious devices.
- Acer TravelMate P6 14 Laptop: Users can enjoy elevated viewing experiences on the business laptop’s large 2.8K OLED display with 100% DCI-P3 colour space coverage. The thin-and-light device is packed with an FHD IR webcam, upward-facing speakers, and Acer’s AI-powered technology specialized for high-quality videoconferencing. Workers stay connected to fast internet speeds with Wi-Fi 6E and 5G wireless connectivity and a 65 W fast-charging battery. The secure-cored PC protects sensitive data with security features such as IR facial recognition, fingerprint scanning, user sensing technology, and Privacy Panel. The TravelMate P6 14 also keeps sustainability in mind as it incorporates PCR and OBP plastic, uses 100% recyclable packaging, and comes with military-grade durability, EPEAT registration, and TCO certification.
- Predator Triton 17 X Gaming Laptop: A 17-inch gaming laptop tailored for hardcore gamers and content creators who value performance, durability, reliability, and aesthetics all in one device. Its metal CNC unibody chassis is crafted to maintain a sleek and sophisticated look while housing an advanced cooling system with Acer’s 5th Gen Aeroblade 3D fans, vapour chamber, Vortex flow technology, and liquid metal thermal grease on the CPU. The laptop features a large WQXGA mini-LED display with a 250 Hz refresh rate and meets DisplayHDR requirements to offer wider viewing angles, higher resolutions, and improved multi-tasking capabilities. The Predator Triton 17 X’s screen is also Eyesafe Certified to help minimize blue light exposure when gaming or creating.
- Acer Aspire S All-in-one Desktop PC: Crafted to enhance everyday productivity and minimize workspace clutter with its slim and modern aluminium body design. Users can enjoy brilliant images when working or browsing on the Acer Aspire S AIO’s near-borderless WQHD IPS ergonomic display, with surround sound audio capabilities for truly immersive viewing. The addition of a magnetically mounted 1440p QHD webcam with ring light helps capture the best images and videos, while the options for an active stylus pen and detachable OceanGlass touchpad, made from ocean-bound plastic, further support user experiences and Acer’s mission of minimizing its carbon footprint within its product portfolio.
- Acer Revo Box Mini PC: The Acer Revo has been revamped to deliver upgraded performance in a more compact and versatile form factor. The mini-PC’s design allows it to be easily set up with an option for Acer’s patented rotatable VESA mount and adapter holder, helping save valuable desk space within homes or office work setups. Powered by the latest processors and large memory storage, the Acer Revo Box is capable of handling demanding applications with ease and possesses multiple display support (up to 3) along with a wide range of port options for added convenience.
- Acer Connect Enduro M3: The mobile hotspot device’s rugged yet sleek exterior features elevated lines on the chassis for added grip and is made from high-grade materials that conform with military-grade standards and IP54 protection rating, making it the perfect connectivity companion to stay online no matter the location or environment. The intuitive touchscreen shows simplified menu options and a QR code that makes it easier to set up hotspot connections. With vSim technology embedded, users can connect to over 200 5G network carriers across 135+ countries around the world without the need for any SIM card. It also carries a high-capacity 6500 mAh battery that can double as a power bank, making it a handy mobile device for fast internet and portable charging.
Samsung Intros the new Odyssey Neo G9 Gaming Monitor in the UAE
Samsung Gulf Electronics has announced the launch of the newest addition to its Odyssey monitor series, the Odyssey Neo G9 57″, extending its monitor performance leadership in the region. As a part of the launch offer, customers purchasing the new monitor from samsung.com can avail 15x Samsung Rewards.
The Odyssey Neo G9 monitor, bestowed with the Best of Innovation Award at CES 2023, redefines the future of gaming monitors. It is designed to deliver groundbreaking visual experiences for gamers looking to enhance performance and sharpen their competitive edge. It is also a Dual Ultra-High-Definition (DUHD) screen and features a suite of high-speed connectivity options.
Wesam Abu Saymeh, Head of Display Solutions Group, Samsung Electronics Middle East and North Africa, said: “Samsung designed the Odyssey series to empower even the most demanding gaming audience. Now the power of the Odyssey Neo G9 57″ is available to the UAE gaming community. The launch demonstrates our dedication to the region and the industry’s biggest trends while enhancing the gaming experience of its growing and enthusiastic gaming fans.”
The 1000R curvature in the 57-inches 32:9 screen is as wide as two 32″ UHD monitors, wrapping around users with pin-sharp images and a wide field of view, immersing them in their games like never before. Quantum Matrix Technology powers Samsung’s Quantum Mini LED lighting in the screen, which offers smaller, more discrete dimming zones. The result is a better distinction between light and dark areas of the screen, with sharp contrast and less blooming.
The gaming performance matches the level of visual quality to help gamers meet their full potential. The 240 hertz (Hz) refresh rate and 1ms grey-to-grey (GTG) response time delivers less blur and minimised ghosting, allowing gamers to enjoy a smooth gaming experience. Plus, AMD FreeSync Premium Pro syncs the screen for a stable, lag-free picture.
With such a wide, high-definition screen and a generation-defining new input, gamers can use the Odyssey Neo G9 57″ in place of multiple monitors, keeping their desks clean from clutter while creating a comfortable multitasking single-screen environment.
The Odyssey Neo G9 57″ offers VESA-certified DisplayPort (DP) 2.1 connectivity, facilitating smooth gaming, efficient video playback and the Neo G9’s DUHD resolution of up to 240Hz. In addition to DP2.1, the Odyssey Neo G9 57″ also offers HDMI 2.1 and a USB hub, so gamers can hook up all their devices and elevate their game with less mess.
Review: SONOS Move 2
In the ever-evolving landscape of audio technology, SONOS has consistently been a name synonymous with quality and innovation. The SONOS...
Review: GameSir T4 Cyclone Pro Midnight Wireless Controller
The gaming peripherals market is inundated with a plethora of controllers, each vying for attention with unique features and design...
Review: Huawei MatePad 11-inch PaperMatte Edition
Huawei has long been a prominent player in the tech industry, consistently pushing the boundaries of innovation. The Huawei MatePad...
Review: Lexar Jumpdrive Fingerprint F35
In the fast-paced world of data storage, security is paramount. Lexar, a well-known player in the storage solutions market, has...
Review: Corsair MP700 Pro PCIe Gen5 X4 NVMe M.2 SSD with Cooler
Corsair has launched the new MP700 Pro PCIe Gen5 X4 NVMe M.2 SSD with a Cooler that stands out as...